Equipment prices

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

banjopicker16

Reaction score
I really want a chest freezer, but they are all soooo bloody expensive. (for lager/kegs usage) Anyone out there know of a cheap brand? I just go around stores and look for damaged ones, but no dice. What do you all use for lagering temp. and keg storage?

Also, is it more cost worthy to "make" (bend) my own wort chiller out of copper? (immersion chiller)

Dude, check out the classifieds. You can often get working chest freezers for free, if you haul them away. (That's how I got my beer fridge.)

Even if they aren't free, people who are moving or looking to make some room in the basement often are selling them for $50. Add a cheap temperature controller, and you have a VERY inexpensive chamber for lagering, ale fermenting, or chilling beer.

And I found it was much cheaper to make a 25' immersion chiller myself. But equipment like that is harder to find, and hence, more expensive up here in Canada.

Latest posts

Back