Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to the Lightning game last night. 3 periods, plus OT. Sad/Happy/Sad/Really sad. That's pretty much how it went. Lost in overtime.

1621603507141.png

Avid pens fan here, I know I know. But gotta post, last nights game was nuts and a nail biter for sure. Then I woke up and saw what happened to Tavares last night. Hope the best for him. Anyway I hope the caps and brewens beat up on each other some more tonight. That florida series has definitely been exciting to watch.

Cheers! and goodluck to all!

Damn! I just saw the replay of that Tavares train wreck. Ouch.
That's just bad luck right there - a clean check picks up a knee to the head on the way down and out go the lights.
Hopefully his team will hang in long enough for the flying birdies to clear and he'll be back on the ice (hopefully, not against Boston :))

Cheers!

Of course, had Tom Wilson delivered that, you know, pefectly legal hit, based on the resulting (and incidental) injury, in other words "totality of circumstances" he'd have been suspended for 50 years.

Haha, everybody hates Tom Wilson (or Marchand etc) unless he's on YOUR team, then he's awesome.

I firmly believe that the only reason Marchand and Wilson get the hate they do isn't the pest/enforcer/dirty nature, but because they're also excellent hockey players. Others like Reaves are just as filthy players (ok maybe as not as filthy as Marchand...), but they're not GOOD at the same time like Wilson and Marchand.

I firmly believe that the only reason Marchand and Wilson get the hate they do isn't the pest/enforcer/dirty nature, but because they're also excellent hockey players. Others like Reaves are just as filthy players (ok maybe as not as filthy as Marchand...), but they're not GOOD at the same time like Wilson and Marchand.

Panthers have a guy named Lomberg who is Brad Marchand but without talent. Believe me, you can hate the talentless pests too.

Sorry Andrew that was a tough one to watch on TV, can't imaging being there with all that rollercoaster emotions and momentum changes. They just decided to sit on their lead instead of attacking and playing offense. You could see the Panthers gaining confidence and you could tell it was going to happen. The Lightning are better than that. Hope they correct this next game. You can't sit on a lead in the playoffs. Ok rant over.....

John

Sorry Andrew that was a tough one to watch on TV, can't imaging being there with all that rollercoaster emotions and momentum changes. They just decided to sit on their lead instead of attacking and playing offense. You could see the Panthers gaining confidence and you could tell it was going to happen. The Lightning are better than that. Hope they correct this next game. You can't sit on a lead in the playoffs. Ok rant over.....

John

Bingo.

Ummm....Want Exhibit A on Wilson? Check out the beginning of the third period. Crosscheck the back of the head in a hissy fit because someone scored a goal?
Also Dillon is a POS.

Caps are reverting to some ugly form right now....

This was my worry when the Caps limped into the post season in a slump with a heavily injured lineup. They look exhausted and unmotivated and out of ideas.

And yeah. They're resorting to cheap shots.

I turned it off after the 3rd goal.

Well that right there was a fairly straightforward win. Have to say this is the first time in forever I've felt confident about Boston's chances against Washington in a playoff series. But the Bruins are getting comfortable in their playoff skin - the rest of the league better be paying attention.

Anyway, hopefully the Caps take some time to consider what sport actually entails - and doesn't - moving forward and not dishonor themselves further.

What's up with the cheap shot having nothing to do with the play on Kucherov. You can't just slash someone's knee like that on purpose. No fines, really? I understand tough hits but that was just to intentionally take him out. Then Sergachyov? What's up with the referees? Gotta call that tighter every time. If you can get away with it they will keep doing it. There will be no one left to play. Frustrating......

John

Jack Edwards: "Ovechkin is on Summer Vacation!" :D

That was a solid effort by the Bruins, never taking their metaphorical foot off the Go Pedal to the end (well, aside from that two minutes of power-play Keep Away at the end - that was awesome though).

We'll see what happens next but I'm feeling pretty good about the Bruin's chances to get through the next round...

Cheers!

1621820871439.png

Where they're at as of this moment...

1621825046132.png

Always surprising to see any round go 4-0...especially the Blues...but there it is.
Meanwhile I hope the Islanders and Penguins kill each other :D

Honestly, you'd have been sad except for the opening 30 seconds of the 3rd.
Tbh I'm not well informed about the Caps general health - even now - but that team looked like it was in a world of hurt.
Frankly they should give that goalie an award for keeping them in it...

Honestly, you'd have been sad except for the opening 30 seconds of the 3rd.
Tbh I'm not well informed about the Caps general health - even now - but that team looked like it was in a world of hurt.
Frankly they should give that goalie an award for keeping them in it...

Much of the last couple weeks of the regular season was spent playing with a short bench. Most of the squad was injured or recovering from injury/COVID.

So yes, world of hurt. I have respect for them doing as well as they did.

Watched the Islanders and Penguins go into double-OT (yay! :ban: ) only to have the Pen's goalie do something epically stupid that immediately ended the game. Too bad - there's no telling how much more wear and tear that game would have invoked, but I'm still hoping they keep beating each other's brains out for the full 7 games!

Cheers! ;)

"The number shall be seven" :D

Boston went 5-3 against the Penguins, but the series would start in Pittsburg if they beat the Islanders.
Otoh, Bruins went 3-5 against the Islanders, but if the Islanders beat Pittsburg, Boston is the home team.

It's a dilemma. Fortunately we don't have to worry about choosing ;)

Cheers!

GG - Your top line, PK, and defensive strategy stifled anything we could muster regardless of our health. I know the general consensus is that Sams kept us in it but to me he didn’t look right. I will say if the Pens advance I am rooting for you. I do like you up against either Pens or Isles. Lightning, Canes, and later VGK, Leafs, and Avs all will be trouble matchups for the Bs if any of them move on though imo but we will see. Good luck and may your OTs be over quickly!

Jeezus, just heard the Islanders home market game announcer at the end of last night's game.
That voice has gotta be tough to take game after game for a whole season. Yikes! :D

Last edited:
Islanders at Bruins, game one in the New-ish Gahden, first two periods loaded with some great skating and puck movement, pretty clean with the occasional "taking of exception", but nothing significant.

So, 2-2 going into the third. This has been a tight game and whoever loses will need to buck up for the next game because it's gonna hurt - like a thousand Band-Aids being pulled off a hairy chest painful...

Cheers! :eek:

Bruins still look great, but now it's a five game series coming back to the Island.
Isles had some luck, but some great plays too. It will be interesting to see who goaltends.

Back