Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the over/under on game 6 going into OT tonight in the Hawks/'Yotes series? As much as I love watching the Hawks play extra time, whoever wins this series is going to have a rough go at it in the next series. Oh well, go Hawks!

Just busting your stones. Only one, but it's no longer a goose egg. And it was a typical Hartnell goal.

I didn't see it, I was working, but like I said eventually a guy like that should get credited with a gwg. Truth is I think Hartnell's a good player, I just don't like him. I'm guessing he would prefer it that way.:)

Good luck in the next round, I'm just waiting to see what the Wings do in the off season at this point. They need to improve on the blue line and get some more speed up front. It'd also be nice if Howie didn't make boneheaded mistakes as often. Oh well, another year with 100 points so it's not like they're the Maple Leafs or the Oilers.:p

What's the over/under on game 6 going into OT tonight in the Hawks/'Yotes series? As much as I love watching the Hawks play extra time, whoever wins this series is going to have a rough go at it in the next series. Oh well, go Hawks!

I'll be at the game tonight and with the 8pm start time I am praying it doesn't go into OT. And yeah the Preds are just sitting and waiting, ready to pounce on whoever moves on. I hope there's more of a spark with Shaw back out there tonight. Just sucks that they are going to scratch Saad instead of Brunette. Bruno and O'Donnell just need to retire already....

Any kings fans on here? How was your series? Looked pretty easy, meaning I don't think it took alot out of you? I guess both teams should be rested and ready to go. No injuries on your side? We lost Halak, but that's good news in my book. Everybody else is pretty healthy.

Just sucks that they are going to scratch Saad instead of Brunette. Bruno and O'Donnell just need to retire already....

+1 to this. Saad played solid when he was on the ice, much more mature than his age. Let's hope they show up w/ a sense of urgency tonight, otherwise it'll be a long off-season.

+1 to this. Saad played solid when he was on the ice, much more mature than his age. Let's hope they show up w/ a sense of urgency tonight, otherwise it'll be a long off-season.

Saad has looked pretty good, but I think of it more as a matter of Bruno looking horrible all year.
I thought that was a decent pick up at the time.
How wrong I was.

HEY, no complaining about the officiating!!

That's 2 pp goals, keep it up Blueshirts!!!!!

Let's Go RANgERS!!!!!!

The Western Conference representative to the Stanley Cup Finals will be St Louis, Phoenix, Nashville, or Los Angeles. Haha, who would've predicted that in October?

Go Preds!

Didn't see it, but i heard Neil was down on the ice for a min or two at the end of the game. Sure hope he's ok cause I woudnlt want to see anyone hurt. :D

Didn't see it, but i heard Neil was down on the ice for a min or two at the end of the game. Sure hope he's ok cause I woudnlt want to see anyone hurt. :D

Just saw it, and it was even better than I pictured it.

Also, anyone who thinks the officiating even slightly went against Ottawa, your insane, period.

arturo7 said:
If Vancouver had both Sendins available from the start of the series I doubt if they'd be playing golf yet.

Hey, we actually agree on something for once.

FreshZ said:
That's putting it mildly. Dream come true.

Meh, St Louis has definitely got to like how the West has turned out, but I still think Nashville is going to be the better team.

If that wasn't a kicking motion by Neil I don't know what is. They even gave the goal to Spezza to cover their ass. Such horsesh*t reffing these days. Why was the lower referee not hanging on the net gorilla- style like the rest of them do? Obviously he didn't have a good angle, and Toronto couldn't over turn his call. Plus, those Sens fans would likely march straight to Toronto and riot on the door step of headquarters. Stepan had a career game.

BTW - Never thought Kane had such little class to get a ten minute for bitching. Their already losing by 3 and Hayes just collected a 15 minute penalty. ******

arturo7 said:
This is a moot point. At this time of year it's all about who wants it the most. Round 2 should be pretty intense in the West.

That's what I mean by who WILL BE the better team - the one that emerges victorious. If I had to bet, I'd continue to go with Nashville.

If that wasn't a kicking motion by Neil I don't know what is. They even gave the goal to Spezza to cover their ass. Such horsesh*t reffing these days. Why was the lower referee not hanging on the net gorilla- style like the rest of them do? Obviously he didn't have a good angle, and Toronto couldn't over turn his call. Plus, those Sens fans would likely march straight to Toronto and riot on the door step of headquarters. Stepan had a career game.

That was definitely a kicking motion. He didn't hit the puck though.
Game 7, lets go Sens! All the pressure is on the Rags, so just go out and lay it all on the line and see what happens.

:)

ColbyJack said:
BTW - Never thought Kane had such little class to get a ten minute for bitching. Their already losing by 3 and Hayes just collected a 15 minute penalty. ******

As good of a player that Kane is, I'm kinda glad the flyers lost the lottery for him. Seems like a real ****** bag at times.

And that has nothing to do with his cup winning goal against the flyers, in all seriousness.

emjay said:
Hey, we actually agree on something for once.

Meh, St Louis has definitely got to like how the West has turned out, but I still think Nashville is going to be the better team.

I think they may have better players, but St. Louis is the better team. Depends how each team plays I suppose. But neither team is out of the semis yet, so we are getting ahead of ourselves. Could be Phienix and LA, who knows?

I don't usually complain about officiating...in ANY sport, but there were some real horsecrap calls/non-calls in that series.
I never realized that there was such a good acting school in Phoenix, either!

I don't usually complain about officiating...in ANY sport, but there were some real horsecrap calls/non-calls in that series.
I never realized that there was such a good acting school in Phoenix, either!

They must have spent some time up in Vancouver during the off season. Kesler was the teacher I am sure.

FreshZ said:
I think they may have better players, but St. Louis is the better team. Depends how each team plays I suppose. But neither team is out of the semis yet, so we are getting ahead of ourselves. Could be Phienix and LA, who knows?

Whatever happens, Kings vs Blues is going to be a violent, low-scoring series. Both teams have solid goaltenders and players that love to hit. I hope I'm wrong, but I got a feeling there's going to be at least a couple brawls and some injuries in this one.

Yeah, just another "irrelevant" east coast team that's won more cups in the last decade than most relevant teams, lol. I kinda hope they win, love me a good Rangers Devils playoff series, as long as the Rangers win......

Yeah, just another "irrelevant" east coast team that's won more cups in the last decade than most relevant teams, lol. I kinda hope they win, love me a good Rangers Devils playoff series, as long as the Rangers win......

Really? Yeah, they won two cups in three years a decade ago. The Devils have consistently been one of the most boring teams to watch in the league. They've been a fraud for the last 4-5 years.

Plus, no one likes New Jersey anyways.

Northjerzyg said:

This Devils team is old and lacks heart. I hate the Rags and Flyers but playing them would be truly embarrassing.

sivdrinks said:
This Devils team is old and lacks heart. I hate the Rags and Flyers but playing them would be truly embarrassing.

No offense, but it would probably be just a formality for the Devil's opponent to advance to the ECF.

They've been just good enough to be a nuisance during the regular season, make the playoffs, and lose in the first round. They haven't won a playoff series since 2006-2007, and proceeded to lose in the second round. I think the only memorable series they've played lately (and granted, I'm not a Devils fan) was the series with the Rags when Avery pulled his stunt in front of Brodeur resulting in the Avery rule.

It almost like they've turned into a Southeast Division team...not that good and no one really cares, even the fans that don't show up to that fancy new building they have.

Maybe it is NJ...

No offense, but it would probably be just a formality for the Devil's opponent to advance to the ECF.

They've been just good enough to be a nuisance during the regular season, make the playoffs, and lose in the first round. They haven't won a playoff series since 2006-2007, and proceeded to lose in the second round. I think the only memorable series they've played lately (and granted, I'm not a Devils fan) was the series with the Rags when Avery pulled his stunt in front of Brodeur resulting in the Avery rule.

It almost like they've turned into a Southeast Division team...not that good and no one really cares, even the fans that don't show up to that fancy new building they have.

Maybe it is NJ...

Sooner than later, i see the Devils being the Islanders of the Atlantic Division.

Hey now, the Southeast Division has two Cups in the last several years. And Florida's building is the only one that doesn't have people in it. And even they're filling it up this year, now that they suck slightly less

Back