Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope they play the Red Wings real soon so I can see my no-good brother cry (he's a Sharks fan for some reason).

Lets not forget, SJ has had DET's number for the past few years. I believe we were responsible for ending your playoff run 2 years in a row.

Meh... I just looked at the rosters of a few teams and I swear... I kinda miss the teams of the 90's... Hockey is different now... Not just cause of the agreement...

Meh... I just looked at the rosters of a few teams and I swear... I kinda miss the teams of the 90's... Hockey is different now... Not just cause of the agreement...

Well I don't know much about other teams of the past, but I loved watching the Red Wings/Avalanche rivalry in the nineties and the Red Wings/Blues fights circa 2000. Last year I spent a lot of time watching YouTube clips of the old hockey fights. I feel a little slighted sometimes when a fight gets broken up so quickly nowadays.

Well I don't know much about other teams of the past, but I loved watching the Red Wings/Avalanche rivalry in the nineties and the Red Wings/Blues fights circa 2000. Last year I spent a lot of time watching YouTube clips of the old hockey fights. I feel a little slighted sometimes when a fight gets broken up so quickly nowadays.

What??? These are from 2012. There are still TONS of good fights in the NHL. Refs don't come in any earlier than they have in the past - getting punched in teh face is still as annoying today as it was 20 years ago:

Last edited by a moderator:
What??? These are from 2012. There are still TONS of good fights in the NHL. Refs don't come in any earlier than they have in the past - getting punched in teh face is still as annoying today as it was 20 years ago:

It's a bit of both. You never know when they are going to jump in and break it up before it gets going, and sometimes they just let 'em go until they get tired.

I'm only half interested in NHL right now. Lidstrom's gone, Holmstrom is retiring (expected), Stuart left to be on the Sun Coast with family...

It will be a whole new Red Wings team this year. Some young talent added and I expect it will take a little bit for everyone to know their roles and trust each other. Hopefully there are enough veterans left to hold them together for the short season. Nyquist has been incredible during the lockout so that could be good.

Most excited to hear Ken and Mickey calling games!

I better get that back bathroom done soon. Or install a tv in there so I can watch while I work! (That's actually not a bad idea. Installing Floor tile with the game on. Quite possible.)

It's a bit of both. You never know when they are going to jump in and break it up before it gets going, and sometimes they just let 'em go until they get tired.

I'm only half interested in NHL right now. Lidstrom's gone, Holmstrom is retiring (expected), Stuart left to be on the Sun Coast with family...

It will be a whole new Red Wings team this year. Some young talent added and I expect it will take a little bit for everyone to know their roles and trust each other. Hopefully there are enough veterans left to hold them together for the short season. Nyquist has been incredible during the lockout so that could be good.

Most excited to hear Ken and Mickey calling games!

I better get that back bathroom done soon. Or install a tv in there so I can watch while I work! (That's actually not a bad idea. Installing Floor tile with the game on. Quite possible.)

Well hopefully the Red Wings can get a few more good players and you can hop right back on that bandwagon.:rolleyes:

Blackhawks defense looks a bit weak again this season. They're not going to make any substantial gains until they trade Keith away for a rookie playmaker defenseman and a decent power forward. I wish they'd traded him and kept Campbell.

Well hopefully the Red Wings can get a few more good players and you can hop right back on that bandwagon.:rolleyes:

Same old, same old. Everyone who watches the Red Wings are a bandwagoner to you, huh?

In case you haven't heard, I've been watching the Wings since I was a teenager, before Stevie Y was drafted. The year my dad got one of them huge old satellite dishes. We watched on PASS sports (minus commercials) directly from the feed they sent from the arenas to the studios.

So if being a fan for 35 years is what you consider "jumping on a bandwagon", then guilty as charged.

Same old, same old. Everyone who watches the Red Wings are a bandwagoner to you, huh?

In case you haven't heard, I've been watching the Wings since I was a teenager, before Stevie Y was drafted. The year my dad got one of them huge old satellite dishes. We watched on PASS sports (minus commercials) directly from the feed they sent from the arenas to the studios.

So if being a fan for 35 years is what you consider "jumping on a bandwagon", then guilty as charged.

I misunderstood you.

Sounds like you weren't really all that in to watching the Red Wings this year. But you are, so I will give you my blessing and approval. Good luck!

It will be a whole new Red Wings team this year. Some young talent added and I expect it will take a little bit for everyone to know their roles and trust each other. Hopefully there are enough veterans left to hold them together for the short season.

It does always stink seeing a team need to rebuild, especially after last year's less than pleasant playoff run. But I think we will be fine this year and next year with veterans. We still have Datsyuk, Miller, Howard, Zetterberg, Kronwall.

Why?? I can't wait...A shortened season, Where every game is pretty important. Hockey's back man...

I'm just tired of this crap. You've got Bettman at the helm, with no clue what he's doing, and there have been strikes and lockouts and whathaveyou. No one can agree on anything. Then the NHL right now is like some drunk dude who **** on your couch and leaves your living room destroyed but comes back the next day with a 4 pack of Steel reserve "See? I got you back, breh. Now let's do this".

I'm just tired of this crap. You've got Bettman at the helm, with no clue what he's doing, and there have been strikes and lockouts and whathaveyou. No one can agree on anything. Then the NHL right now is like some drunk dude who **** on your couch and leaves your living room destroyed but comes back the next day with a 4 pack of Steel reserve "See? I got you back, breh. Now let's do this".

Yeah I know, but who cares. We have 8-10 years before we have to deal with Shyte again...:D It pissed me off too, but Hockey's back Brah..

Fukc'um and enjoy the entertainment..Big time goals, fights, squids..It's back..

A season or half-season every couple years sucks, and I'm no fan of Bettman (and also think the players maybe need to give their heads a wee shake), but...

...try going 15 YEARS without your team, then see how exciting the return of hockey can be!!!

GO JETS GO!!! MTS CENTRE IS GONNA ROCK!

Well there are still some serious goons left... Georges Laroque has lunchboxes for fists.

I too am pretty stoked about the Jets playing again. Hartford needs to bring back the whale.

I too am pretty stoked about the Jets playing again. Hartford needs to bring back the whale.

between Boston and the two bs teams in New York there isnt enough market for it... Also they changed the Hartford Wolfback (AHL) to the CT Whale last year. So i doubt they'll ever be back to an NHL Whalers team

It does always stink seeing a team need to rebuild, especially after last year's less than pleasant playoff run. But I think we will be fine this year and next year with veterans. We still have Datsyuk, Miller, Howard, Zetterberg, Kronwall.

It's kind of funny how we call it "rebuilding", but for most teams this would be like putting the finishing pieces of the puzzle together.

I hear ya. I'll be watching. I'm more interested in the college games at this moment, but once training camp starts, I will be reading all of the news, planning a night to chill out with some food and beer and all of that. I'm pissed that I had vacation time to drive up to TC and go to there preseason camps and they got canceled this year. I really enjoyed getting to watch the veteran players, rookies, and prospects in person last time got to go up last year.

It's kind of funny how we call it "rebuilding", but for most teams this would be like putting the finishing pieces of the puzzle together.

As sad as it is, we're talking about Detroit. Baseball, football, and basketball are the same way.

as soon as the lock out happend i stopped following all things hockey except for Jrs...

on a side note, the Wings picked up Damien Brunner. i dont know shiit about him. any thoughts?

as soon as the lock out happend i stopped following all things hockey except for Jrs...

on a side note, the Wings picked up Damien Brunner. i dont know shiit about him. any thoughts?

I saw him play last year at training camp IIRC. I couldn't tell much about him but the coaches and press seemed to be quite impressed. As always, you have to take that with a grain of salt. Sometimes reality doesn't live up to expectations. That said, he seems to be doing quite well so far playing with Zetterberg in Swissland.

Nyquist has been tearing it up in the AHL in GR. I had plans to see a few games down there and watch the young guns right after the holidays, but now that chance is shot all to hell. LOL! There won't be any decent players in GR soon and their league position is going to drop like a rock. I said it.

Goalie is going to be interesting too. Howard can be a #1 goalie, but there is a brand new backup, and of course if Howard starts out shaky, it's not a good thing for the whole team. I think they are going to be relying on him a lot more than they have relied on their goalies in the past. Especially with the big ??s in defense this season. Ericsson never developed into the defenseman Detroit hoped he would be. Every year seems to be "his year" to break out. He's not a poor defenseman, but with his size and talent he could do more.

im not to worried about Howard. i think Joans or how ever its spelt, will be a good back up and could take over the lead roll if needed. im also curious how tootoo will turn out playin with the Wings. his past play has been pretty dirty, but i think he could be a great addition if they teach this dude how to play like a Wing.

Yesterday I looked at the Wings roster and it had Howard, MacDonald, and two other names listed. Now I see Howard and Gustavsson. I don't know anything about the latter but I'm interested to see how they both play. Howard is one of those goaltenders who can save 49/50 but if the other team scores early then things can get a little shaky. MacDonald did a good job covering for Howard during his dang finger injury, so I'm a little disappointed not to see him on the roster. But my hope is that Gustavsson can play as good or better than Howard.

Yeah I know, but who cares. We have 8-10 years before we have to deal with Shyte again...:D It pissed me off too, but Hockey's back Brah..

Fukc'um and enjoy the entertainment..Big time goals, fights, squids..It's back..

Enh, maybe. I get more annoyed with sports leagues in general as the years drag on. I might just quit watching sports altogether at this rate.

How are the Canucks going to be this year? I used to follow them a long time ago. I may start watching some again since their games are on in my region.

Enh, maybe. I get more annoyed with sports leagues in general as the years drag on. I might just quit watching sports altogether at this rate.

I don't get sick of leagues but I do get sick of players. I stopped watching NFL and NBA because of all the egos involved. The showboating is a big turnoff for me.

Yesterday I looked at the Wings roster and it had Howard, MacDonald, and two other names listed. Now I see Howard and Gustavsson. I don't know anything about the latter but I'm interested to see how they both play. Howard is one of those goaltenders who can save 49/50 but if the other team scores early then things can get a little shaky. MacDonald did a good job covering for Howard during his dang finger injury, so I'm a little disappointed not to see him on the roster. But my hope is that Gustavsson can play as good or better than Howard.

He couldnt cut it with th leafs. Came over with high expectations and never even came close to living up to them. probably about an average backup, at best

im not to worried about Howard. i think Joans or how ever its spelt, will be a good back up and could take over the lead roll if needed. im also curious how tootoo will turn out playin with the Wings. his past play has been pretty dirty, but i think he could be a great addition if they teach this dude how to play like a Wing.

That's what I'm waiting to see. If acclimated accordingly, he could be an asset.

So long as the Joe doesn't adapt that stupid whistle. :rolleyes:

I don't get sick of leagues but I do get sick of players. I stopped watching NFL and NBA because of all the egos involved. The showboating is a big turnoff for me.

I'm kind of sick of all of it, to be perfectly honest. I just want to sit in my man cave and watch Slapshot over and over again, tears gently rolling down my cheeks into my glass of homebrew.

He couldnt cut it with th leafs. Came over with high expectations and never even came close to living up to them. probably about an average backup, at best

He couldn't cut it on a ****ty team playing Ron Wilson's 100% offence crappy pond-hockey system - this is true. But I did see many games where Gustavsson played quite well. He played very well for Toronto last year, and it all came crashing down when Reimer returned from his concussion (I mean neck injury). Lost all his confidence at that point, and his fate was all but sealed.

I think in a properly-run organization with some actual structure and people who know WTF they are doing running the team, he will be a good goaltender.

Youngblood was pretty good, but slap shot was really funny. When Paul Newman opens the Hanson bros luggage and finds a bunch of toys. It always cracks me up. Lots of funny scenes in that movie.

Back