Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really? Are you f*cking serious? You didn't even see the play, did you? For all the b*tching from players, fans, owners, coaches, and management about headshots, when it happens to a Flyers player, it's just the fans being whiny?

Maybe you should start the Teddy Bears and Rainbows Hockey Thread, so we can all go and say nice things to each other and feel really special about ourselves....

I love how the MN North Stars are represented in the new BrewingTV episode by Don Osborn!

Dino Ciccarelli was the ****:rockin:

I love how the MN North Stars are represented in the new BrewingTV episode by Don Osborn!

Dino Ciccarelli was the ****:rockin:

I think The Gumper was the last goalie to play without a mask. How many times did he get knocked out cold? Bobby Plager did it once.

Maybe you should start the Teddy Bears and Rainbows Hockey Thread, so we can all go and say nice things to each other and feel really special about ourselves....

Not all, but at least 2 otta 3.

F*ck you both. I'm all for the trash talk, but let's face reality, this is a the type of hit that specifically identified and targeted by Rule 48.

Didn't see it, I'll have to wait for someone to put it up on youtube. Sounds nasty though.

Here's the video:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AsWQI-LaOo]Steve Staois hit on Max Talbot - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9l_joPixAA]Big hockey hit - YouTube[/ame]

Will the Shanahammer swing for hits by PK Subban, Steve Staios? (Video) | Puck Daddy - Yahoo! Sports

VIDEO: Steve Staios Flattens Max Talbot With Elbow To Head - From Our Editors - SBNation.com

VIDEO: Steve Staios Levels Max TalbotCalling Mr. Shanahan? | islanderspointblank.com

Max Talbot elbowed in head by smirking Steve Staios - Broad Street Hockey

Watch the videos and tell me how much you all would be b*tching and screaming if a Flyers player had hit a guy on your team like this.

F*ck you both. I'm all for the trash talk, but let's face reality, this is a the type of hit that specifically identified and targeted by Rule 48.

Here's the video:
Steve Staois hit on Max Talbot - YouTube
Big hockey hit - YouTube

Will the Shanahammer swing for hits by PK Subban, Steve Staios? (Video) | Puck Daddy - Yahoo! Sports

VIDEO: Steve Staios Flattens Max Talbot With Elbow To Head - From Our Editors - SBNation.com

VIDEO: Steve Staios Levels Max TalbotCalling Mr. Shanahan? | islanderspointblank.com

Max Talbot elbowed in head by smirking Steve Staios - Broad Street Hockey

Watch the videos and tell me how much you all would be b*tching and screaming if a Flyers player had hit a guy on your team like this.

Yeah, that was a cheap hit. Elbow/forearm smash to the face, looked like UFC ground-and-pound. I'd guess the league will suspend him.

edit---if they suspended someone 5 games for this http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=60&id=147127 then Staios is out at least 5.

hopin' the Hawks can beat that one team from detroit.... the red wangs, i think. :D and put some space between themselves and st. louis in the division. the blues have been looking pretty good lately, we could use a more comfortable lead in the division.

Let's Go 'Hawks!!! :rockin:

That Staios hit was terrible.

The difference in the 2 announcers point of views is amazing. Flyers feed seems very neutral and intelligent. Islanders' feed is all about "what a solid hit!" and "Talbot can't get up", and insinuating this is something that Talbot had coming to him and it is justified.

Get that lucky goal outta my face Chicago. Detroit dominates overtime and gets a well deserved otw . 3 of the top 5 teams in the West are from the Central, with Nashville right there, good grief.

I'm sorry, what did you say there? Couldn't hear you over the shutout!!!!:rockin::rockin: umad bro? lol!!!

SUCK IT!!!!!!:ban:

WOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO:ban::ban:
Great game!
Mad that's the 1 game ill prob see this year, yeah. Mad we lost, yeah. But.........
STILL on top of the east, AND 4 points ahead of the sh*tty Sens who have played 4 more games than us. Hahahahah, SUCK IT!!!! Umad...............

After a solid 3-0 teabaggin of toronto, Rangers become first team to 60 points and take back the top spot. What, what , what............Hahahahahahahah

After a solid 3-0 teabaggin of toronto, Rangers become first team to 60 points and take back the top spot. What, what , what............Hahahahahahahah

Rags are sooooo good right now. Total package there on that team.

But WTF is up with Ottawa? Didn't someone tell them they're supposed to be ****ting the bed this year? GET OUTTA MY PLAYOFF SPOTS!

That Staios hit was terrible.

The difference in the 2 announcers point of views is amazing. Flyers feed seems very neutral and intelligent. Islanders' feed is all about "what a solid hit!" and "Talbot can't get up", and insinuating this is something that Talbot had coming to him and it is justified.

As much as every broadcaster has at least an implied task to help sell tickets, I think Jim Jackson is one of the best at calling the game and being mostly objective. He tells it how it is, especially when the Flyers look like garbage. I get the FSN feed out of Pittsburgh and I'd rather watch their games on mute than have sound. Those clowns are so bad, it's unbearable to listen to.

And I'm glad someone agrees with me that the hit was exactly the kind that they're suspending players for. I'm not a homer, when the Flyers suck, I'll be the first to admit it.

And on that note, I hate the NBA. Just can't stand anything about the game, except for March Madness in college hoops. Otherwise, the 76ers just take up air time and I think it's two out of the last three, the games against the Canes and Preds haven't been on TV because the NBA is being broadcast and that's straight garbage.

Yee haw, Blackhawks up 2-0 over the Sharks in the first.

Patrick-Sharp.jpg

As much as I hate the Habs, I love when the Rangers are losing. Looking to wrap up the week in fantasy with a bang. Sitting at 7-3-2 for the week right now over the second place dude (I'm in first).

EDIT: Make that 8-3-1.

Sometimes teams have to play back-to-back games. Sometimes the second game of these back-to-backs is against a team that didn't play the night before, and has had rest. Example is Leafs/Rangers on Saturday (Rags win), and Habs/Rangers on Sunday (Habs win).

Just wondering if the schedule is made up so this happens an equal amount of times for each team, or if it's totally random. Because I think it does make a difference, especially in the 3rd period.

The back to back make a huge difference. I notice in the Tampa/DC game Friday night... Caps just return from the left coast and TB played the night before TB looked a little more tired early on yet pulled it close in the final frame.

I think all team play an equal amount of B2Bs. I think some may have them in spurts and some more spread out. more early in the season or more late.

Be interesting to see what happens when and if realignment takes place.

on another note. Its about time Vokoun played like a veteran goalie.

Anyone else see this clean hit by Ovechkin

Which brings me to another point, Ive been noticing a lot more of the classic hips checks being thrown this year. I love it.

Sometimes teams have to play back-to-back games. Sometimes the second game of these back-to-backs is against a team that didn't play the night before, and has had rest. Example is Leafs/Rangers on Saturday (Rags win), and Habs/Rangers on Sunday (Habs win).

Just wondering if the schedule is made up so this happens an equal amount of times for each team, or if it's totally random. Because I think it does make a difference, especially in the 3rd period.

Habs also played b2b saturday and Sunday, and they did like usual,

The sens are an average team, they lost, Rangers top team, we put our second goaler, easy win... I don't understand how it work...

What do you all think about how Vinnie went nuts on Malkin? It's a dangerous play, although less dangerous when you're up against the boards or as close as Malkin was as compared to a 3-5 feet from the boards. For what it looked like, Vinnie just kind of fell over/off him and he blew a gasket.

What do you all think about how Vinnie went nuts on Malkin? It's a dangerous play, although less dangerous when you're up against the boards or as close as Malkin was as compared to a 3-5 feet from the boards. For what it looked like, Vinnie just kind of fell over/off him and he blew a gasket.

Not that big an issue as far as safety in that particular instance but Vinnie had to know that he was going to get ejected for that and likely suspended.

This isn't the first time malkin has done something to this nature. He is getting a slight rep for this type of questionable play

Well, in that case you can thank the schedule maker for making every single Ottawa Toronto game this year the second half of a back to back for Ottawa.

I guess Toronto needs all the help they can get though...

Looked like Malkin and Lecav had words, then Malkin tried to stop short and wreck Lecav, then threw some gloved punches and caught by a serious jab he deserved. That's just me....

Back