Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
uh, no. get rid of stupid penalties and the sabres will win.

I missed today's game, but the Flyers totally outplayed the Sabres in Game 1. They lucked out on a big rebound to get the only goal in Game 1.

Like I said, I missed the game today, but I liked the final result!

Flyers are a better road team than a home team for some reason anyway, so look for another Flyers win in Game 3!

No matter who plays in goal....

It would be nice to see Chicago step up so Van can win at home for the fans, but I really can't see it happen. And I think that Coach V is going to go back to game 1 and 2 line up for the next game, Torres is just too short fused right now and will cost them. The hit was clean, but the spotlight is on him and he knows that.

I think it's a conspiracy to pussify the game so basketball fans will watch it.

I think it has more to do with all the concussion talk and Crosby's absence (which I also believe is a grandstand for concussion prevention).

Solid hockey game by the Flyers tonight to take a 2-1 lead in the series!

24097_568922757507_43606902_33410464_4953309_n.jpg

Youch! Coyotes in trouble now! 2 goals against in under 3 minutes?? Not what they wanted to have happen.

I only stayed up for the first period.

When they go back to Winnipeg, are they going to be called the Jets again??

For the Yotes going back to the Jets, I can't see it. Bettman has been in such a pissing match against the whole move, and the NHL owns the rights to the Jets name and merchandising, so I can't see him wanting to part with that, an ego thing.
And being from Winnipeg, I am on the side that I would like to see them create something new, put a new spin on it, rather than drag up the past. And a rumour going around here is the name must be Manitoba ...... , but that is just rumour.

stblindtiger said:
Solid hockey game by the Flyers tonight to take a 2-1 lead in the series!

JVR is getting better every game. That line with him giroux and Carter is dangerous. I love it.

I like the history, give them back the Jets. Why the hell would you put a hockey team in the middle of the desert anyway???

To Homer: Howard looked pretty good last night (1 goal was a total fluke, went in off of Salei's back). Both goals by Phoenix came on the PP again (we need to get that shored up). And Phoenix is trying to take this thing to goon status with the extracurriculars. Anyway, good game, terrible officiating both ways, GO WINGS!!!

I like the history, give them back the Jets. Why the hell would you put a hockey team in the middle of the desert anyway???

To Homer: Howard looked pretty good last night (1 goal was a total fluke, went in off of Salei's back). Both goals by Phoenix came on the PP again (we need to get that shored up). And Phoenix is trying to take this thing to goon status with the extracurriculars. Anyway, good game, terrible officiating both ways, GO WINGS!!!

I thought Phoenix had already started with the goon stuff. Last night and previous games they appeared to be trying to get the Wings to take penalties. I can only hope they keep this tactic. The worst would be for them to focus on playing the game!

At least they haven't actually made bad hits. Just a few extra curriculars, trying to get the Wings to retaliate.

I envision the Wings coming out and really trying to put the nail in the coffin tomorrow. As Babcock says, "Many people think it's a best of seven series, but I see it as a race to 4 wins."

OWCH, I knew Vancouver would take a night off, but that was a little serious. Let them win by one or two, but not get stomped. At least Bieksa put a hurt on what's his name. Never should have been in there in the first place, Bieksa is a pretty tough customer.
Series final back in Vancouver.

Chicago doesn't have a prayer of wining this, but good on them for their win last night. I thought the Canucks were going to shut them down for sure.

I can't stand playoff whining, I hope Nashville destroy's Anaheim tonight. They should change their names to the mighty mouth's.

_

I can't believe that Kunitz and the other guy didn't get at least a 1-game suspension for their elbow to head hits. What the heck is the new rule for anyway??

Homercidal said:
Chicago doesn't have a prayer of wining this, but good on them for their win last night. I thought the Canucks were going to shut them down for sure.

I agree that they're done after tomorrow but I was sure they'd win last night. Once Keith got back on track they were doing better but Bolland coming back from injury really energized the team. That guy's a great two-way forward. Too bad they didn't get him back sooner.

I can't believe that Kunitz and the other guy didn't get at least a 1-game suspension for their elbow to head hits. What the heck is the new rule for anyway??

Homer,

According to ESPN.com, both Kunitz and Downie received one-game bans...

Go 'Guins!

Ryan Miller put a horseshoe in his a$$ before this game. The Flyers dominated, but he came up with a 1-0 shutout. Sabres definitely got some help from the refs by taking up the first 5 minutes of the third with that ridiculous major penalty on Richards at the end of the second and then not awarding a penalty shot when Connolly laid on the puck in the crease to get a whistle...

Great game, awesome action, and it should be a war in Philly on Friday.

Just found out that Franzen didn't play last night (had to work), wtf? They need him back, they won't go another round with Mike Moldano filling his spot. Stupid cup wanting dinosaur.

_

Back