Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gotta stop feeling like Chicago is a rivalry. They aren't even in the same conference now! Old habits die hard.

At least ArmPittsburgh took a whipping. That's always nice to see. ;)

I sent that screenshot to a buddy who is a Pittsburgh everything fan and he responded about letting the slow kids win and the Pens being tired from lugging around the cup for two years straight. So then of course I started in about the Steelers imploding yesterday.

Penguins: man, no other Pittsburgh team can play as bad as we did.

Roethlisberger: hold my rohypnol

So excited. Another game tonight! I'm really excited about Las Vegas coming up too. I didn't think I would care that much about another team from the desert, but I like their lineup and it will be interesting to see the arena and the fans.

I sent that screenshot to a buddy who is a Pittsburgh everything fan and he responded about letting the slow kids win and the Pens being tired from lugging around the cup for two years straight. So then of course I started in about the Steelers imploding yesterday.

Penguins: man, no other Pittsburgh team can play as bad as we did.

Roethlisberger: hold my rohypnol

Well my team (Blues) shat on thier opening day ****ing HOUR AND A HALF celebration ceremony. Jesus christ pardon us while we warm up as your busy jerking off to your banner raising.

Well flyers 1 for 1. Off to a good start in San Jose hope they keep it up.

In other news I wish Winnipeg the best with Steve mason. Looks like he's doing as good there as he did here in Philly last season.

my friend is still annoyed we snagged Schenn from the flyers.

Imho regular season is just entertainment as the teams try to stay healthy ans get their lines in sync. The playoffs are a completely different game thanks to unofficial officiating changes. They're calling every slash right now, but that will be gone the first game of the playoffs.

Imho regular season is just entertainment as the teams try to stay healthy ans get their lines in sync. The playoffs are a completely different game thanks to unofficial officiating changes. They're calling every slash right now, but that will be gone the first game of the playoffs.

They've been trying to adjust the rules for years now. I remember when the Wings complained because they called every hook and hold. That's a pretty common call nowadays.

But, yeah, then they "let them play" in the playoffs.

I don't care as long as it's consistent. As much as I don't want players getting hurt, I am not fond of the lack of fighting in the game today. I guess that's what happens when you grow up in the "enforcer" era. I don't think there is much more exciting action in the game as when you know someone has it out for the other guy and the gloves come off! :rockin:

They've been trying to adjust the rules for years now. I remember when the Wings complained because they called every hook and hold. That's a pretty common call nowadays.

I don't care as long as it's consistent. As much as I don't want players getting hurt, I am not fond of the lack of fighting in the game today. I guess that's what happens when you grow up in the "enforcer" era. I don't think there is much more exciting action in the game as when you know someone has it out for the other guy and the gloves come off! :rockin:

vC42ZYd.gif

OI4xEH2.gif

7LczrAS.gif

Like I said a while ago on here, hockey was invented by 145 lb Canadian men. When the gloves came off, the only thing that got hurt was egos. They weren't doing this:
1324492051_hockey_ko.gif

But My point was that regular season means nothing. We can probably pick today what teams will make playoffs. The only thing that matters is keeping players healthy.

Took a step toward cable cutting and picked up a Roku unit. The NHL package was $20 cheaper than on cable. Every game is in HD for both the home and visiting team. Also composite screen, alternate angles, recap and highlights. And the Blues won tonight. It was a great day.

Took a step toward cable cutting and picked up a Roku unit. The NHL package was $20 cheaper than on cable. Every game is in HD for both the home and visiting team. Also composite screen, alternate angles, recap and highlights. And the Blues won tonight. It was a great day.

my phone went off and im like... wait wut... ****ing bortuzzo scored?

colorado had 1 actual goal in that game.

the "tripping" call was crap.
1 was a bizarre bounce
1 our guy ran over our own goalie

honestly should have been 4-1

my phone went off and im like... wait wut... ****ing bortuzzo scored?

colorado had 1 actual goal in that game.

the "tripping" call was crap.
1 was a bizarre bounce
1 our guy ran over our own goalie

honestly should have been 4-1

It looked like Hutton was laughing under his mask after the bad bounce goal.

Wings going to try for a win tonight. Too few and too far between, I tell ya! Not a great start to the young season. I had hoped the younger players would have learned to play hard for the whole game, but there have been too many games with lack of effort so far. Granted, they got beat on a couple of games that they played well in; that happens, but they have been outskated on a team with some very good skaters, and that's a shame.

Athanasiou returns tonight so we'll see what he can add to the lineup. They are playing the best team in the league right now, so it will be a good test. I hope the local brewery has them on the TV. two nights ago I went down to teach my oldest how to play checkers and chess and they switched the TV over to the baseball game. I'm a Detroit fan. I have no interest in late season baseball.

"You're not going to see us in any more 7-5 games." - Auston Matthews.

Why the fsck not? You fsckers were winning those ones. Now you guys are focusing on playing defence poorly, and have collectively forgotten how to score in the process.

"You're not going to see us in any more 7-5 games." - Auston Matthews.

Why the fsck not? You fsckers were winning those ones. Now you guys are focusing on playing defence poorly, and have collectively forgotten how to score in the process.

Hey, he was right. They lost 6-4!

Lightning finally coming back home. Very successful sweep through west coast, and dallas. I was at their last home game against blue jackets (ot shootout win). Going to saturday's game vs Islanders. Can't wait. Bolts have been a good team for many years now, but this year they seem to be playing on a different level. So far anyway, it's still early in season. Hope they can stay healthy.

Lightning finally coming back home. Very successful sweep through west coast, and dallas. I was at their last home game against blue jackets (ot shootout win). Going to saturday's game vs Islanders. Can't wait. Bolts have been a good team for many years now, but this year they seem to be playing on a different level. So far anyway, it's still early in season. Hope they can stay healthy.

islanders will put up a good fight. They crapped all over my blues the last game we played them (second time this season we played them). should be an entertaining game.

islanders will put up a good fight. They crapped all over my blues the last game we played them (second time this season we played them). should be an entertaining game.

I'd say it's more like the Blues crapped themselves. Twice. Hopefully after last night they're back on track.

Ugh. Wings were playing pretty good, and then fell apart at the end of the 3rd. They made it look like they were short 5 on 3. I got "If they don't get their s*** together they are..." just as Colorado put in the tying goal.

Oh well, they are starting to play better overall as a younger team overall.

Back