Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Women’s USA takes the gold from Canada!!! Not a serious hockey fan, but that was the most entertaining hockey game I have ever seen. 3-3 regular game, 2-2 overtime, and USA takes it in the 6th round of the shootout!!!

Li'l Ball O' Hate FTW! :rock:
Marchand totally owns the Red Wings this season...

Fun game. Wings completely blew it in OT. Terrible play up the boards. Friend blamed the ref, but it was a BAD play all around. They had control in their own end, with teammates to pass to, and they dump it down the boards, and then can't get in position on Defense on the turnover.

Ugh.

Another defensive end breakdown, and another OT loss for the Wings. And after playing really hard to keep in the game!

Da Brunes had quite the entertaining game with the Black Hawks today, lead was swinging back 'n' forth every handful of minutes, halfway into the second period there was no solid indicator who was gonna win this game. Then the Bs took it to the house.

6-0 homestands don't suck :D

Cheers!

This Donato story got an epic start, a goal and 3 points going into the third period in his first game after signing this week...

Can't write a better script...

This Donato story got an epic start, a goal and 3 points going into the third period in his first game after signing this week...

Can't write a better script...

I was at the game Saturday. Boston spanked Lightning bad. Ouchy. I think we still have a couple of games agains the Bruins, I'm hoping Saturday was an "off day" but we'll see. I'll be watching for Donato (our local paper discusses his signing this morning).

Well, a few bright spots. The Isles finished with an exciting win, swept the Rangers, and aren't last!
Also a couple of great young players and some high draft picks coming.

Seems like the last 15 minutes of the Caps/Devils game, Ovi was on the ice for 12 of em, and no one else dared take a shot, just get the puck to Ovi to get him to 50. 49 for the season it is.

Well, a few bright spots. The Isles finished with an exciting win, swept the Rangers, and aren't last!
Also a couple of great young players and some high draft picks coming.
Guess the big question is what happens with Johnny T. No idea if he's going or staying. You'd think if he signs somewhere else, Snow is likely gonna get canned.

Looks like Karlsson is expecting to be traded out of Ottawa during the off-season. He took the puck after the Sen's last home game.

That is the question. He has always played here, and the future holds optimism. I don't think that going to a weaker team would make sense, I don't know if a stronger team will pay him more. But then, I don't really follow off season trading.

Gonna be a tough one in the ol' bear's den tonight.

Crazy night for Toronto sports...

Leafs and Bruins - Game 7
Raptors and Wizards - Game 5
TFC and Chivas in the back leg of the CONCACAF Champions League final
Marlies (Leafs' AHL affiliate) and Utica - Game 3
... and in non-playoff action, the surprisingly hot Jays take on the red hot Red Sox.

Go Toronto (all of 'em, but especially the hockey ones :) )!

Here comes another disappointing season. At least we have this thing now to detract from the lazy play
59a3b3c0-2f08-4eca-86ec-1eca12f14911-Gritty.jpeg

Waited all summer for Bruins hockey to return.....and being down 2-0 in the first 2 minutes was the well worth the wait .....that’s sarcasm if if couldn’t tell.

Huh... the Leafs have an offense. Who woulda thunk it?

Can't keep anything out of their own net, but I'm not really sure if they care.

Bolts stank up the Amalie arena last night. I was there and it was a snoozefest, until the VERY end where they made things exciting by giving up two quick goals to the Canucks and then losing.

I'm taking my family Tuesday next week. They better get it together by then dammit.

Refs made many VERY questionable calls (on both teams). Can't slide in baseball, can't tackle the QB in football, now it seems that if your hand gets near the other player it's auto holding call. What the heck's up with officiating these days?

Leafs got through their first big test of the season Saturday... despite being scored on 18 seconds into the game.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/25215863/evgeni-malkin-pittsburgh-penguins-face-more-discipline

All the proof you need that the NHL and officiating is biased against the Caps and in favor of the Penguins.

That's a Wilson-style hit. I'm not defending Wilson. But when Wilson's sloppy hits don't pass with "he's bigger", Malkin's 100% DELIBERATE HEAD SHOT shouldn't either. He sees it coming and lined up deliberately to hit Oshie in the head.

The NHL doesn't care about player safety or fairness in the slightest.

Suspend Malkin for 20 games, or unsuspend Wilson. Otherwise there's no fairness or objectivity in this f***ing league.

Wilson has been suspended for less. And Malkin may not be Marchand but nonetheless is not exactly a shining beacon of fair play.

Zero reason for there to be no supplemental discipline without acknowledging that Wilson is treated unfairly.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/25215863/evgeni-malkin-pittsburgh-penguins-face-more-discipline

All the proof you need that the NHL and officiating is biased against the Caps and in favor of the Penguins.

That's a Wilson-style hit. I'm not defending Wilson. But when Wilson's sloppy hits don't pass with "he's bigger", Malkin's 100% DELIBERATE HEAD SHOT shouldn't either. He sees it coming and lined up deliberately to hit Oshie in the head.

The NHL doesn't care about player safety or fairness in the slightest.

Suspend Malkin for 20 games, or unsuspend Wilson. Otherwise there's no fairness or objectivity in this f***ing league.
As a Flyers fan, I agree that the zebras are biased in favor of Pittsburgh....

For the moment the Isles are in first place, though if they don't come back against Tampa, that will probably change. I gave my old room-mate a break, I didn't bust his chops when the Rangers were in the basement.

St. Louis. I think Yeo is done. Maybe Edmonton if they keep trending downward. Something has to change out there.

Coaches who were worried about job security before must really be sweating now.

Anyone still watch hockey here? ;)

Blues at Bruins tonight on national broadcast was a good'un, solid effort by both teams but Boston and their top-rated D had the force in their favor and Rask played a heads-up game.

If the Bruins can up their offense to match the D they're going to be really strong through the season. Might even bump into the Blues at the end again...

Cheers!

Back