Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indeed. Now Dustin Brown will hit him in the knee and bring an early end to his first season, the way he did to Tomas Hertl after he scored 4 goals against the Rangers.

Any Kings fans watch the Sharks beat them again last night? That Jonny Quick sure has a short temper! And you know what they say about guys with short tempers...they have short feet.

Dang Wings got a nice 2-goal lead early then squandered it over the rest of the game. Exactly what I was afraid of. Too much excitement for the younger players I think. They burned up early. Maybe took a break from playing good defense. Can't do that against TBL.

Bah. Wings looked bad on D again in game 2. I'm afraid the young guys aren't thinking well enough out there yet. I know it's early, but it seems the same problems plaguing them as the past 2 seasons. (Maybe more).

Hopefully they can at least improve the PP and PK. Maybe the defensive positioning will improve as the season continues.

Have fun! I'm heading up north to see my friend's kid play football. Not sure we'll get back to the house in time to watch, even if they decide to tune their tv to the game. Not likely since only my buddy is a hockey fan, and he's mostly a Bruins fan and doesn't really follow it much these days.

Oh well, I *think* there will be some beer to drink.

Wings in St. Louis tonight? So excited. Haven't got to sit down and watch much lately, but the Wings have shown they can be physical this year. Hopefully that doesn't lead to more injuries, but really glad to see Ericksson doing more even with his injury. Hoping Abdelkader will be back in soon.

Blech. Wings are REALLY inconsistent right now. I don't see an improvement coming in the near future. Or at least after Vanek gets back in the lineup we will see. They were playing ok when he was healthy. Just seem to now have the jump lately, or they are making bad passes out of the D zone (as has been the case for a few years now).

Younger guys are getting lots of playing time. They seem to want to shuffle different guys between Detroit and GR. I'm all for playing some younger guys, but I think at some point you have to let a guy play a bit.

They let one slip away last night. Came back after being down most of the game and then gave up a heartbreaker with 1 minute left.

Question:

I'm getting NHL Center Ice through my cable provider. There is typically only one or two games in HD each night. Tonight, it's the same game from two different feeds.

Does anyone get NHL-CI via Roku, Apple TV, or one of the game controllers? Do they offer more games in HD?

thanks

Blech. Wings are REALLY inconsistent right now. I don't see an improvement coming in the near future. Or at least after Vanek gets back in the lineup we will see. They were playing ok when he was healthy. Just seem to now have the jump lately, or they are making bad passes out of the D zone (as has been the case for a few years now).

Younger guys are getting lots of playing time. They seem to want to shuffle different guys between Detroit and GR. I'm all for playing some younger guys, but I think at some point you have to let a guy play a bit.

They let one slip away last night. Came back after being down most of the game and then gave up a heartbreaker with 1 minute left.

moving to california has its draw backs...biggest one being no Wings games. i have to listen on internet radio or catch bootleg streams. kinda pisses me off.

yeah, moving here also means more money spent on this damn house. ill prolly pick NHL.tv up mid season when its cheaper.

Question:

I'm getting NHL Center Ice through my cable provider. There is typically only one or two games in HD each night. Tonight, it's the same game from two different feeds.

Does anyone get NHL-CI via Roku, Apple TV, or one of the game controllers? Do they offer more games in HD?

thanks

For internet you have to get NHL.TV but from what I'm hearing it's as bad as NHL Game Center was: low res, blacked out games, buffering issues, and the same crap tech support that made people loathe NHL GC. Honestly, I'm as big a cable cutter as anyone but the NHL has continually dropped the ball on their internet app for games.

Sling is allegedly picking up a bunch of RSNs through CSN (via Comcast/NBC) and/or Fox depending on the market. I'm a cable cutter myself and have been waiting with bated breath for CSN Mid-Atlantic to show up so I can watch the Caps without illegally streaming it via Eastern European virus laden spambot streaming sites.

Especially since the existing legit streaming is all blacked out for me.

Sling is allegedly picking up a bunch of RSNs through CSN (via Comcast/NBC) and/or Fox depending on the market. I'm a cable cutter myself and have been waiting with bated breath for CSN Mid-Atlantic to show up so I can watch the Caps without illegally streaming it via Eastern European virus laden spambot streaming sites.

Especially since the existing legit streaming is all blacked out for me.

Bonus Internet points for using the correct spelling of "bated".

Go Sharks. So what if we have no cups. We are the Chargers of the NHL world.

They looked good against the Hawks last night. I wasn't sure what I was watching; a good Sharks team or a terrible Hawks team. Or both.

I did laugh more than I probably should have when Eddie O called Joe Thornton "Jumbo."

What do you mean? Columbus has a hockey team??

JK. I haven't checked the standings in a while. It's game-by-game for the Wings. They've been on the road for week or so out west, so the games are too late to enjoy. I fear this is the year the Wings don't make the playoffs. It will take a strong push from a team that has been very inconsistent all season. Too many young guys who haven't learned how to work every night.

What do you mean? Columbus has a hockey team??

JK. I haven't checked the standings in a while. It's game-by-game for the Wings. They've been on the road for week or so out west, so the games are too late to enjoy. I fear this is the year the Wings don't make the playoffs. It will take a strong push from a team that has been very inconsistent all season. Too many young guys who haven't learned how to work every night.

They were on a friggin 16 game winning streak, currently have a +47 goal differential, and are first in the league with 60 points. This came out of nowhere.

Wings played pretty well last night, but didn't get the win. At least they got 1 point in a comeback. Mrazek was awesome last year, mostly. This year he hasn't given the wins. With Howard out for injury, it's up to Mrazek and a rookie to handle the workload. Team like this needs a good goalie.

Back