Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't be suprised to see the Caps get to the finals, but then again, I wouldn't be suprised to see them lose in the first round again either! I think the Rangers are playing pretty well right now (except for that one loss last week), and they seem to have a little luck on their side too.

I'm just hoping the Flyers get to play the Pens at some point. I want some payback for the last two times they've met in the playoffs. I know a ton of "Arm Pitt" fans, and they have been driving me CRAZY the last few years!

Either way, I just can't wait to watch some playoff hockey!

Go FLYERS!!!!

As a Flyers fan, I'm not sure how I feel about this playoff season...they had a better record down the stretch (even though it was miserable) than they did last year and that team went to the finals. I'm hoping they've been on cruise control for the last few months since they all but clinched a spot two or three months ago.

I'm hoping they flip the switch with the offense like they did against the Isles when they put up 7 on Saturday night.

They're either going to get in gear and crush the Sabres or get steamrolled by a hot team.

I'm hoping Lavy gets them going now that every game matters.

Wow, so no love for Phoenix here eh. Fair enough I suppose. I feel like it'd just be a good story to see them win a round or two. Not that I think they will, I've got Detroit in 5 in that series.

Call me crazy, but I could see another PIT-DET final, especially if they both get healthy

Call me crazy, but I could see another PIT-DET final, especially if they both get healthy

That would only be awesome if Crosby came back and Bertuzzi elbowed him in the head.

+1 on Howard scaring me too. But you have to admit the Defense has left him out to dry a bunch too. No other option anyway. Have to go with him.

I agree, the defense is getting old, as much as I hate to say it.

_

All I have to say is Go Hawks! Chances of a repeat are slim unless Bolland and Brouwer are healthy for the playoffs. A third straight defeat of the Ca*ucks in the playoffs would be nice to see if nothing else...

Wow, so no love for Phoenix here eh. Fair enough I suppose. I feel like it'd just be a good story to see them win a round or two. Not that I think they will, I've got Detroit in 5 in that series.

You're crazy!

...but Phoenix scored the first goal!!!

I don't care what they say about bryzgalov being better than howard this year, Detroit is much better than Phoenix. So far tonight both games have ended like I expected. I was not expecting the Caps/Rangers game to be this close though. I knew the caps wouldn't bury them, but not OT.

I predict the usual onslaught of Det bandwagoners will appear soon. Those that haven't made a peep in this thread all season will soon be chiming in on just great their team really is.

I predict the usual onslaught of Det bandwagoners will appear soon. Those that haven't made a peep in this thread all season will soon be chiming in on just great their team really is.

Haha I was unfortunate enough to be good friends with a guy who is very vocal about that ALL YEAR.

I know your not talking about me. But in case you are, this is the same onslaught that jealous St.Louis fans make every year (after the playoffs start);)

For the record, i'm a realist, no chance they go to the finals. As anemic as Nashville is on offence, their D and goalie scare the crap out of me.

_

I know your not talking about me. But in case you are, this is the same onslaught that jealous St.Louis fans make every year (after the playoffs start);)

For the record, i'm a realist, no chance they go to the finals. As anemic as Nashville is on offence, their D and goalie scare the crap out of me.

_

Funny. The Preds are the team in the west that scares me the most!

Funny hting happened yesterday at work. Guys in the design area were cleaning up and found a stack of small Red Wings posters the the Detroit Free Press packaged in their newspapers YEARS AGO! This set was from the second cup victory in modern era. It had Konstantinov in the wheelchair. Somehow they just showed up on the start of the playoffs!! I think it's a sign from GOD.

There were posters of Martin LaPointe and Carren McCarty. My wife is pleased! (she likes the bad boys??)

K. Gotta run off to NHL.com now and see what happened in the other games. Too tired last night to tune any other game in.

Eh, give it time. Any team can have a down game and come back and blow out the opponent.

On the other hand, I would not bet money on the Hawks either...

They're still playing sloppy like they have for the last 2 weeks. Keith and Kane are turning the puck over way too much, Crawford's not getting much help, the forwards are relying on the D to get the scoring going; it all adds up to the Hawks making an early exit. Hopefully Quenville can adjust in the off season and Chicago can get some more playmakers.

Yeah for the Canucks. Shut them out without playing a good game. I would REALLY like to see them kick it into gear sometimes soon, or they are going to be in trouble come the later rounds. If that ever happens, I can't see a team coming close to them until the finals, and even then, I don't think there will be a strong opposition unless Boston and their size makes it that far. Seems to be the thing that hurts Vancouver, put up big boys against them and they don't handle it very well.

The Hawks have lost the first game in almost every playoff series the past two seasons... no reason for concern until after they come home.

The Hawks have lost the first game in almost every playoff series the past two seasons... no reason for concern until after they come home.

True, but the fact they were getting physically dominated is a concern. They were getting crushed every time they touched the puck. It goes no further than 6, 5 most likely.

_

True, but the fact they were getting physically dominated is a concern. They were getting crushed every time they touched the puck. It goes no further than 6, 5 most likely.

_

Agreed, and the Nucks didn't show the fire power they have in the game. If they turn it on and play a complete game, this will be a quick one.

It's funny how after game 1 everyone seems to know how the series will turn out.:) Phoenix is a tough team and Bryzgalov will steal at least one game in this series. I don't care how much the announcers were talking up Howard last night he was out of position several times. I'll tell you I'm less confident this year than I was last year, especially after the last month of so called hockey the Wings have been playing. Oh, and how come no one is talking about the Sharks? That's one good looking hockey club right now. GO WINGS!!!

I hear ya. Howard WAS out of position several times and it scares me, but at least he did it when it didn't hurt. My wife jumped when I yelled, "GET BACK IN THE NET!"

At least the refs called a fair game...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXD-W9-bdcI&feature=related"]I'm hoping to hear a lot of this tonight....[/ame]

LOL... well I never heard this ^ at all tonight! If the Flyers play the way they did tonight though, I have to believe they win this series. This game was on Miller. He stole this one. Hopefully that is the only one.

The LA/SJ game is pretty entertaining so far.

It was kinda nice to watch a game and not be sick to your stomach through the whole thing. I was rooting for LA, they were dominating overtime, but couldn't finish.

Why does it always seem in overtime one team get's 4 or 5 good chances, then the other team comes down and rips it in? It's always the trailing dude.

_

Watched the Boston Montreal game last night, and if Boston does that again, they are done. Can't pass, can't shoot, weak goal. Sounds like my beer league team (except the weak goal part, even I could have had the second one).

So has the first group of games changed anyone's mind about their picks? Anyone feel better about their team? Worse? I'm talking to you, Philly fans.

Christ on a crutch. What a third period in the Hawks/Canucks game. I thought Chicago was going to tie it up a couple times.

Still, the Hawks looked pretty awful for the first two periods. Hopefully they'll use the third period as momentum for game 3.

BWAHAHAHA...no cup for Chi Town this year. Now I don't feel so bad that the Wild didn't make it into the playoffs...yet again!

Datsyuk is awesome. They really let down in the third and took a load of stupid penalties.

I expect a split in Phoenix, then close it out in game 5.

_

Lets friggin go Bruins.........Do or die tonight.....Is there anything better than playoff hockey?? Didn't think so..

Just found out, no Chara...Yikes!!!

Back