Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rjwhite41 said:
I think the Coyotes will last 6. Smith will make it happen.

Smith is damn good, but Quick and the LA defence can make the goal support he needs VERY difficult to get.

emjay said:
Smith is damn good, but Quick and the LA defence can make the goal support he needs VERY difficult to get.

Very possible. It's the series to watch in my house. I'm hoping the Coyotes can make a series of it.

rjwhite41 said:
Very possible. It's the series to watch in my house. I'm hoping the Coyotes can make a series of it.

Either way, I'll be happy with the series. To see the 8th seed make it to the finals with only 1-2 losses would be cool, but I wouldn't mind an exciting series either. The only dog I have in this fight is the fact I've been so adamant about my Kings prediction - other than that, I don't really care who wins. Watching the Kings play has made me a bit of a fan, but the same goes for Phoenix (and the Caps, for that matter).

image-3719979933.jpg

OT

bless you guys. I'm drowning my post season sorrow at Toronado.

Either way, I'll be happy with the series. To see the 8th seed make it to the finals with only 1-2 losses would be cool, but I wouldn't mind an exciting series either. The only dog I have in this fight is the fact I've been so adamant about my Kings prediction - other than that, I don't really care who wins. Watching the Kings play has made me a bit of a fan, but the same goes for Phoenix (and the Caps, for that matter).

Watching Phoenix has made you a fan? They rarely get more than 20 shots on net. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

paulster2626 said:
Watching Phoenix has made you a fan? They rarely get more than 20 shots on net. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Mostly Mike Smith in that particular case. He plays the puck like no other goalie, and he's fun to watch.

Ahh true dat. He's a fine goalkeeper for sure. But why was he **** with Tampa?

I like watching Holtby - this guy moves like lightning, yet is somehow still silky-smooth. I hope the Caps move on.

paulster2626 said:
Ahh true dat. He's a fine goalkeeper for sure. But why was he **** with Tampa?

I like watching Holtby - this guy moves like lightning, yet is somehow still silky-smooth. I hope the Caps move on.

It's the Coyotes coaching staff that uses him to his strengths, no doubt about that. Under more conventional coaches, he just couldn't flourish.

I hope the Caps move on too, but wouldn't mind seeing a Rangers-Devils series either. Holtby IS interesting to watch too, but he's definitely got a lot of room for improvement... rebound control is virtually non-existent.

I hope the Caps move on too, but wouldn't mind seeing a Rangers-Devils series either. Holtby IS interesting to watch too, but he's definitely got a lot of room for improvement... rebound control is virtually non-existent.[/QUOTE]

I think some of the rebound control issues are a product of butterfly goalies in general. Not like Quick or Lundquist are great at it either.

sivdrinks said:
I think some of the rebound control issues are a product of butterfly goalies in general. Not like Quick or Lundquist are great at it either.

Have you actually been watching Quick? Especially against Vancouver, he was giving up almost nothing. I've never seen rebound control by ANY goalie as good as he was in that series... It was just out of this world the way he gobbled up pucks.

emjay said:
Have you actually been watching Quick? Especially against Vancouver, he was giving up almost nothing. I've never seen rebound control by ANY goalie as good as he was in that series... It was just out of this world the way he gobbled up pucks.

Not as much as I've liked, too late for me. I was referring more to the shots that come off the leg pads. It's difficult to do two things at once, especially when one of them is keeping puck rockets outta the net.

Mostly Mike Smith in that particular case. He plays the puck like no other goalie, and he's fun to watch.

I keep hearing(TV boobs as well) that he plays the puck like "no other", but saw no evidence of it in the Nashville series, he actually made many dumb mistakes handling the puck. Actually gave up an empty net goal during one game.

_

I keep hearing(TV boobs as well) that he plays the puck like "no other", but saw no evidence of it in the Nashville series, he actually made many dumb mistakes handling the puck. Actually gave up an empty net goal during one game.

_

Well he's certainly no Bryz, that's for sure.

3701255_o.gif

Yes. This is quite a depressing time of year for many-- more every day. I'm excited for the next round. No matter who wins Saturday, the next round is going to be good matchups on both coasts. Conditioning, diet, and medical staff are paramount!!!
Go Blueshirts!!!!!!!!

Which is worse, being an Oilers or Columbus fan, where you know your team sucks, or being a Vancouver, Pittsburgh, St. Louis fan, where your team has a sh_t load of talent, and they still sucked? :(

Hell. At least St. Louis made the second round. If they don't dump a bunch of players, they should do well again under Hitchcock. Detroit, Pittsburgh, Boston, now that's a different story. Those three just got dominated.

ColbyJack said:
Hell. At least St. Louis made the second round. If they don't dump a bunch of players, they should do well again under Hitchcock. Detroit, Pittsburgh, Boston, now that's a different story. Those three just got dominated.

Boston lost in 7, Detroit outplayed Nashville but couldn't score, and Pitt ran into a buzzsaw. I don't think you need to blow up those teams and start over. Small adjustments and any one of them could win the cup next year.

White-- I wasn't insinuating that those other teams should dump players and start over. I was merely pointing out the fact that St. Louis made the second round. I don't care who you play, or HOW you win. Just get the job done. Sh*t, the Rangers went against Ottawa, which went 0-5 this season. I was pissed at that matchup, but they made it through.

ColbyJack said:
White-- I wasn't insinuating that those other teams should dump players and start over. I was merely pointing out the fact that St. Louis made the second round. I don't care who you play, or HOW you win. Just get the job done. Sh*t, the Rangers went against Ottawa, which went 0-5 this season. I was pissed at that matchup, but they made it through.

You said they got dominated. 2 out of the 3 didn't. Pitt did get dominated for parts of their series, but it was just a weird series.

Looking forward to the game tonight. 2 days with no hockey made me realize the season is almost over.

Its an opinion. I do think all three of those teams got dominated. Scores were not reflective of this. So did Vancouver. Especially Vancouver.

ColbyJack said:
Its an opinion. I do think all three of those teams got dominated. Scores were not reflective of this. So did Vancouver. Especially Vancouver.

We have differing opinions.

It's almost time!! Gotta come out strong!!!!
I decided to give Kratzer a few days of peace and quiet but........
LET'S GO RANgERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Northjerzyg said:
It's almost time!! Gotta come out strong!!!!
I decided to give Kratzer a few days of peace and quiet but........
LET'S GO RANgERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Had to throw that g in there, eh???

Good period!! First to the puck, staying in their zone!! Love the Blast from Richards.

Keep It Goin, 60 mins!!!!!

Let's Go RANGERS!!!!!!!

Second period, Hank being Hank!!! Gotta control the puck, but i love that the Rangers have not had a penalty yet. :)

Fark... The Caps blew it.

Edit: NOW THEY GET A GOAL? Would have been nice at least 38 seconds earlier...

Back