Enolmatic bottle filler for beer ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kchomebrew

Reaction score
Anyone ever use the enolmatic bottle filler (advertised for filling wine bottles) for filling beer bottles for bottle conditioned beer (obviously not something you want to use to fill bottles with carbonated beer) ?

https://www.morebeer.com/products/enolmatic-wine-bottle-filler-1-head.html

My concern was oxidizing beer since it doesn't fill from the bottom up. However, most of the commercial grade gravity fillers I see on GW Kent fill beer bottles the same way. Also, says that because of the vacuum pressure, O2 is evacuated so it won't oxidize the liquid being filled. Looking for an automated solution that will make filling bottles for my belgian styles. wild ales and sours easier. Currently I transfer beer from fermenter into a corny keg that has sugar solution in it. Purge the keg with CO2 and then pressurize and hook up my blichmann beer gun and then fill the bottles. Goes quickly but is a major pain in the ass for setting up and cleaning. Seems like the enolmatic would make this easier all around. Curious to know if anyone is using this with success. Also can't tell if this product would fill 12oz. bottles,.....see no reason why it wouldn't.

I use a vacuum pump setup similar to the enolmatic (all in one pump). No issues with oxidation that I can tell. I have been using it for over a year and have several batches from last spring and summer that I'm drinking.

I use a vacuum pump setup similar to the enolmatic (all in one pump). No issues with oxidation that I can tell. I have been using it for over a year and have several batches from last spring and summer that I'm drinking.

Thanks for the reply. I assume the filler you have fills the bottles the same way as the enolmatic ? Meaning, it doesn't fill from the bottom up. Rather, it pumps the liquid in from top down.

Correct. It has a two hole stopper, one hose goes to the vacuum pump, the other to a bucket or carboy holding my beer mixed with priming sugar.

Correct. It has a two hole stopper, one hose goes to the vacuum pump, the other to a bucket or carboy holding my beer mixed with priming sugar.

How about bottle sizes ? Fits all sizes of bottle openings ?

It's a little tight on some older returnable beer bottles I have. But works great for wine bottles and beer bottles from new glarus, new Belgium, etc.

Back