Enclosure?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hypergolic

Reaction score
I am looking to build a Brewtroller DIN mounted system and I am looking into to enclosures. Plastic or metal? I am thinking 16"x16" will be large enough but I am looking for opinions. Also where did you buy your enclosure from? Thanks!

Go larger than you think. I went 24x16, thought i would have plenty of extra room, but it doens't have much extra room.

Bought mine from ebay. Grey box with the orange backing, like the one on Kal's site.

Yeah I ended up buying one of ebay 16x16x8, it has the orange backing also. I hope it will have enough room.

I'd recommend finding the dimensions of all the components you will be installing in the enclosure and lay it out on paper (or CAD) to make sure it will fit like you plan. A professionally designed electrical panel would be designed this way. You don't want to be surprised. Also, when laying out the panel, make sure to account for the fact that the enclosure's backplate will be smaller than the enclosure itself.

Material is up to you. Plastic is lighter and easier to cut holes in. Either way, I'd recommend an enclosure with a NEMA 4 or 4X rating.

Back