emergency kegging help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swackattack

Reaction score
So I gave a paintball tank regulator. Worked fine last week. This week as soon as I attach the tank the co2 starts shooting out of the whole you see here...ideas?

ForumRunner_20130902_130102.jpg

Is that really the tank coupler with a hole right through its side? Wow.

But...if it worked the last time, maybe the gasket seals to the tank valve well enough that gas can't escape through the hole. Btw: Is there a gasket inside that coupler, or did you lose it?

Cheers!

That is a weep hole, it is there to let you know when you have a bad seal. If you're not cross threaded, you need a new seal.

Not necessarily, the seal between your regulator and your valve is suspect. I like the little fiber seals that go between the connection. They smash in there real nice. I coat them with keg lube or food grade petroleum jelly and tighten them down snug and have no problems.
If you can see a crack on the seal face (brass) of either your regulator or shut off valve, that is another story. Try a new seal first.

That's a taprite regulator and they should have a small o-ring gasket inside the coupler which eliminates the need for the normal fiber gasket so verify that the gasket is present. It sounds like you are getting a bad seal or the gasket is missing and then you need a fiber gasket instead.

swackattack said:
Where should I get a new gasket I dont see one

Thanks

If you look in the nut you should see a black ring if not then you can pick up a fiber gasket at most places that would sell any sort of regulators like a big box store or welding supply

Back