Email from local brewpub

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dataz722

Reaction score
I just got this email from my local brewpub. It is a little funny and im bored so I thought I would share it with all of you.

Howdy, Folks!

Great news around here- we've made a bid to purchase Anheuser-Busch from Belgian-based brewing multi-national InBev. We were looking for ways to round out our portfolio and decided this was the way to go.

There are many advantages to this plan. On the plus side, we'll be bringing an American company back home. Also, we are hoping that the acquisition will position us for many future strategic marketing alliances. And we'd like to bring back those "Whaaazzzzuuuup" commercials.

On the down side, our bid is $53 billion and we're currently $52,999,993,156.21 short. If each of you can simply bring us $2,000,000 and get four or five friends to do the same, we should be able to cover. Please. We'll guarantee anyone who does so two growlers of Budweiser and one (retired) Clydesdale.

That's all for now. Happy April Fool's Day.

If bud spent as much money and effort making beer as they do on marketing that would be some heavenly mind blowing beer.

They can't make beer, but their marketing people are almost as good as disney's

Really? They can't make beer? Isn't their product beer (malt, hops, yeast, and granted rice).

I would dare you to try and make something as clean and crisp as Budweiser.

I think as home brewers we are a bit jaded. We know how good beer can be.

As for the masses, they know how good Bud can be, and that is a good thing.

We do not need the general population drinking up all out craft brew.

Now, where do I send my check......

Tim

If bud spent as much money and effort making beer as they do on marketing that would be some heavenly mind blowing beer.

From what I have read that is one of the major reasons that inbev bought that.

We should all thank Budweiser, if it wasn't for their tasteless beer we would have never gotten into this wonderful hobby/habbit

Back