Electrical help?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jweidman

Reaction score
hey guys so i just picked up 2 pumps and got my temp controller in the the other day so im gonna build a few power boxes and i was thinking of instead of cutting a Comp cable i was gonna get this

it says its 250V so i was wondering if i can still utilize this with the STC temp controller and with switches for the pumps and all?

any help would be amazing thanks guys :)

*edit*

so here is my diagram of my wiring ideal for my pump switches. if anyone knows if im doing it wrong please let me know. thanks

Wiring Diagram.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If you intend to use them as the power source for the pump cords, I'm a little uneasy about the exposed terminals out front.
You may accidentally stick your finger in there and get a surprise.

They make a female version, but that kinda defeats the purpose of using a computer power cord.

Any way to incorporate this socket onto the pump and use the computer cord as a pigtail?

'da Kid

If you intend to use them as the power source for the pump cords, I'm a little uneasy about the exposed terminals out front.
You may accidentally stick your finger in there and get a surprise.

They make a female version, but that kinda defeats the purpose of using a computer power cord.

Any way to incorporate this socket onto the pump and use the computer cord as a pigtail?

'da Kid

well i was gonna have switches so that the plug wouldnt be a "hot" and, i would have a wall socket in a box, so the pumps would plug into that. i just wanted to be able to compress the the box down and not have a cable always being hanging out if that makes sense.

For neatness . . . . I'm with you 100%
It will make a clean install.:cool:

You're just gonna have to be real careful, as there is the opportunity to get shocked if you forget to use the switches.

On a side note:
Are you using 240Volts? . . . . . two hot wires?

The switch appears to be double-pole(good), but only one side of the socket is fused(not as safe as could be).

'da kid

no only using regular house current, i started to wire it last night i hope im doing the wring right.

For neatness . . . . I'm with you 100%
It will make a clean install.:cool:

You're just gonna have to be real careful, as there is the opportunity to get shocked if you forget to use the switches.

On a side note:
Are you using 240Volts? . . . . . two hot wires?

The switch appears to be double-pole(good), but only one side of the socket is fused(not as safe as could be).

'da kid

I'll need to make some assumptions about your diagram.

1) "-" is the Neutral wire
2) "+" is the Hot wire
3) Your switches contains lamps that need the neutral wire.

If all of the above is true, your diagram is correct.

'da Kid

Yes "+" is Hot and "-" is Neutral
and yes there illuminated Switches but i might switch it up beacuse im buying new Selector switches to make it harder for an accidentally turn on.

I'll need to make some assumptions about your diagram.

1) "-" is the Neutral wire
2) "+" is the Hot wire
3) Your switches contains lamps that need the neutral wire.

If all of the above is true, your diagram is correct.

'da Kid

Back