Electric Brewing Supply reviews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pfish83

Reaction score
For the better part of the last year I have tried to piece together/build my own control panel. My very limited electrical knowledge is having me rethinking the DIY thing and just spending the money on a panel. Does anyone have an ebrewsupply.com panel?? They are significantly cheaper than The Electric Brewery and the intriguing part to me is the software for the temp control instead of the PIDs. I am just looking for pros/cons. I think the other hesitation is the fact that I can''t find reviews of their products ANYWHERE...including the website.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Cheers.

Mark

Can't attest to anything about pre-built units, but sourced most of my DIY there.
Since the assembled units use the individual parts they sell, I can attest to that.
I've found quality parts, reasonably priced, very reasonable shipping and providing superior customer service.
I ended up deciding on BCS 462. Check out their website and forum to get an idea if that path has any charm for you.
Just need to get off my ass and finish my build..................

I'm building one now. If you have the time, and are slightly DIY inclined, consider building it yourself, even if you use one of their kits.

Ryan (the owner) us quick to respond to questions, and is a stand up guy. He did a custom design for me for no real extra charge over a comparable design he already had. Now, I did have some issues with small parts missing, but he shipped stuff out pronto. That was more due to my order being irregular, but still shouldn't have happened. I should have also done a complete inventory, so after finding I was missing $20 of 6 gauge wire, I opted to just buy it locally since he had already sent me a couple shipments.

My rating? 3.5. Perfect customer service, but a little less than thorough. I put most of that on my custom design though, so I think most others would give him a 4.5. If there are problems, Ryan will make it right. It's worth doing business with him.

I ordered the eBIAB kit and enclosure, even though the build is not complete I'd say I'm happy so far.

I was driving myself mad trying to look for the best deals on each component and trying to figure out the exact build that I wanted. I finally got fed up and just ordered the kit. The cost is maybe a little more up front but shipping was free and so far Ryan has been quick to respond with any questions I've had. Here is a pic of the current state of the panel.

123.jpg

I built my control panel last year based on the 20 amp RIMS kit from ebrewsupply.com. I don't have detailed electrical experience, and I wanted to be sure that all the components for my panel would have the right specs and "just work". The kit came with everything I needed as well as several large format circuit diagrams that were easy to follow. I had a couple of questions during the build process, and Ryan provided clear answers via email, even on the weekend.

I posted this thread on my panel build last week, if you're interested in pictures. I'm glad that I ended up assembling my panel from the kit -- it was a bit of a challenge but I have a much better understanding of how the PID and controller circuits work, which will come in handy in case anything breaks.

I built my control panel last year based on the 20 amp RIMS kit from ebrewsupply.com. I don't have detailed electrical experience, and I wanted to be sure that all the components for my panel would have the right specs and "just work". The kit came with everything I needed as well as several large format circuit diagrams that were easy to follow. I had a couple of questions during the build process, and Ryan provided clear answers via email, even on the weekend.

I posted this thread on my panel build last week, if you're interested in pictures. I'm glad that I ended up assembling my panel from the kit -- it was a bit of a challenge but I have a much better understanding of how the PID and controller circuits work, which will come in handy in case anything breaks.

Any ideas as to the state of EBrewSupply? Tried their site today and it's just clocking.

*Edit* Must have been web server issues as it's back up this morning.

I am just looking for pros/cons. I think the other hesitation is the fact that I can''t find reviews of their products ANYWHERE...including the website.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Cheers.

Mark

Besides Bobby at Brewhardware.com you're not going to find a better guy to deal with than Ryan at Electric Brewing Supply. You can't go wrong.

I am almost done with my 50amp control panel, a found that a few parts were priced the lowest with them. the 63amp contactor is a killer deal! There are other items you can get a better deal using ebay but you have to wait for the slow boat from china...

now that i am almost done with the wiring part of my box... I can tell you that i would not go any other way then DIN RAIL. it has made the configuration of my layout a major help. being that my control box will is a PID 50amp, 4 element, 2 pump layout... there is SH*#T ton of wire... go DIN RAIL..

As others have said, they are priced right for DIY, the wiring diagrams are solid and if you need help, Ryan is always able to reply and steer you right. I order everything I can from them.

Ebrew is awesome! I purchased a 30A PID kit from them. Came with everything I needed and Ryan was quick to answer any questions I had. I was missing a NC contact and an issue with a switch. He had them at my door in 2 days.
I'll definitely be supporting his business in the future.

I have ordered components from them in the past and had good luck with them. I only wish they had a few more id tags available.

I just ordered some miscellaneous items from them last week Thursday. Nothing large was ordered - just a handful of lights, a few switches, and a couple relays. The package shipped Friday and I received it today. No problems with the order, everything looks right and I thought it was nicely packaged.

I have ordered components from them in the past and had good luck with them. I only wish they had a few more id tags available.

Agree. And I wish they spelled "Fermenter" correctly!

I originally purchased a DIY kit thinking that it was something I'd be able to do myself. I got the kit, read through many a thread, read the directions and finally came to the realization that it was just way too far over my head. I packed up all my kit and my enclosure and mailed it back to Ryan to put it together.

After getting it back complete it just further cemented the fact that there was no way I would have pulled it off.

mounted_zps5004e978.jpg

inside01_zps966b4e44.jpg

inside04_zps20905da0.jpg

inside05_zps8b45ffce.jpg

I haven't ordered anything from them, but after building my first 30 amp panel and starting to plan out a 50 amp panel, I wanted to see how their DIY kit price stacked up to eBay and Amazon items in a side by side part list order. I priced out the 50 amp 3 PID complete kit and was blown away at the fact that I couldn't beat ebrewsupply.com pricing. I tried to source every part in the kit as cheaply as I could and actually spent a few dollars more without factoring in shipping from multiple vendors.

Maybe someone who knows more electronic vendors can outdo his pricing but when I've got the $$$ set aside for another panel, I'll be hitting the buy button on Ebrewsupply for simplicity sake alone. You could definitely build a panel cheaper, but it might not have the same features

Berrywise - I felt the same way. After reading these reviews and reaching out to some commercial clients of ebrewsupply I am going to pull the trigger on a 50a panel from Ryan. Thanks all.

Bringing this topic back since it has been inactive since 2015. I’ve been looking into going electric and have spoken with Ryan via email a few times. Any recent reviews/comments on ebrewsupply’s equipment, and if it is about the 360 panels, all the better.

I've had a 30 amp BIAB panel and now a 60 amp duel element panel for a Spike 20 gallon complete system. Ryan has been very helpful and responsive to any issues that have came up. Just last weekend while getting my system setup he responded to an email on Saturday which saved the rest of my weekend.

Back