• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

North Carolina Electric Brewing Control Panel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tentenbrews

Reaction score
Hello All, I have a brand new electric brewing control panel. This panel is very similar to the ones you see on www.theelectricbrewery.com although much smaller at 13.5”H x 12” W x 8” D. Most of the components and features are the same. This panel is a 50amp panel that would allow back to back batches or two elements to be run at the same time. Auber instruments PID’s are the heart of the panel. One of the main differences in this panel is the use of a SWA-2451 PID for the HLT. This PID has a timer built in, so in conjunction with the alarm system you can use this feature to set a timer for when you want the HLT to start heating. For example, you could set the timer the night before brew day and wake up to hot water. The other PID’s are the standard SYL-2352’s. Another great feature to this panel is the main timer. It uses an Auber JSL-73 that let’s you set up multi events. You can have an overall time and then other events for hop additions, whirlfloc or other things. It’s also very easy to set up and use. The temp probe receptacles are locking female XLR’S. The pump and heating element receptacles are NEMA twist to lock. Any questions on what to buy for the mating half just let me know. The main power receptacle is a 50-amp California style. I am including the mating half, just add the cable. The volt/amp meter is an all in one unit that is self-powered. It also matches the PID’s very well with the red/green color scheme. Most other features are fairly basic. LED push button switches for pumps, timer alarm and power. Combo light/buzzer alarm. Standard switches for alarms and elements. And LED indicators for heating elements. Added bonus is that I welded nuts to the inside of the panel so you can bolt a standard TV mount to the back (you can see the screws on the last pic). If there are any questions about anything just let me know. Since I took these pictures, I have added labels to the bottom receptacles. Asking $2100

I am open to offers. I was unsure how to price this. The Electric Brewery gets $2700 for a comparable panel so I was just going off of that. $600 less seemed like a deal.

I love your panel! I am interested. I do have a couple questions. Has the panel been used and/or tested? Also, where are you located? I am in Wisconsin. Wondering to determine shipping options. Thanks!

I love your panel! I am interested. I do have a couple questions. Has the panel been used and/or tested? Also, where are you located? I am in Wisconsin. Wondering to determine shipping options. Thanks!
Thanks! The panel has not been used. I built it, powered it up to make sure it works and that's it. I am in North Carolina. I will have to get a weight and I can check into UPS at my work to see what it might be. Unless you have an option?

Thanks! The panel has not been used. I built it, powered it up to make sure it works and that's it. I am in North Carolina. I will have to get a weight and I can check into UPS at my work to see what it might be. Unless you have an option?
With that distance, the only option I could think of is to ship it. I don't have anyone in NC to mule it for me. Do you have any cables for it? Like temp probes, power cables or the like...

With that distance, the only option I could think of is to ship it. I don't have anyone in NC to mule it for me. Do you have any cables for it? Like temp probes, power cables or the like...
No cables but I do have the power connector and could include a cable for that. I sent you a PM.

Back