El Dorado Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks jtd. I've never shopped with or even heard of Mainbrew. Have you shopped with them before?

No but if you're on Facebook go to el dorado hops and that is the only vendor currently listed... I've been trying to decide whether or not to order from them

I just brewed a pale ale with them. It's on tap now.

This pale ale is usually all cascade, but I cut that in half and replaced with El Dorado. It's added some of the fruit to the flavor, but not much. I'll probably use a lot more of the El Dorado in the next batch. I read some odd reveiws so I pulled back, but it was a mistake.

I got a pound from them from a local brewery.

Thanks! I'll look in to it!

I just brewed a pale ale with them. It's on tap now.

This pale ale is usually all cascade, but I cut that in half and replaced with El Dorado. It's added some of the fruit to the flavor, but not much. I'll probably use a lot more of the El Dorado in the next batch. I read some odd reveiws so I pulled back, but it was a mistake.

I got a pound from them from a local brewery.

Sounds great! I wish I had breweries like that around me.

Hey Stauff. I've been to my local microbrew a few times since I got mine. Head brewer hasn't been in.

No worries! Thanks for checking in to it. If you ever end up having any luck in the future I'll still be interested.

I picked up about 20lbs of fresh El Dorados from CLI farms last fall. My car smelled of Juicy Fruit on the drive home. I have several frozen vacuum sealed bags and would be willing to trade if anyone is interested. I really have more than I can use at this point.

Mainbrew is one of many home brew shops out here. People seem to enjoy them who go there, i haven't been personally, but i've never heard anything negative .

I made a really nice wheat beer with this hop. It's in my Recipe pulldown, or here: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f70/el-dorado-wheat-beer-407931/

BTW, Stauff, I did talk to my brewer friend. He use all the rest of the El Dorado in a big IIPA he made. That stuff was unbelievable with so much tropical fruit flavor. Good, but it would have been much better with some more malt flavor to balance that.

Thanks PP. I PM'ed lemy from up above... Perhaps he and I can work out something.

Back