Edwort's Kegerator-question about a new Haier HBF05E

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wyldjim

Reaction score
I just bought a Haier Kegerator from Beverage Factory. It has two taps and is set up for cornies. They said it will fit 3 cornies inside but did not recommend 3 taps because they said the ball lock conections will not fit.

I noticed Edwort's Kegerator looks like the same model and he has 3 taps and 3 regular kegs in there. (When I pressed them, they said a strap handle keg might fit, but they never tired it).

Does anyone know how he does it?:) and I assume it fits without modifications.

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else. I know the etiquette is to read all the threads, but I've been reading and searching for three days. I've seen Edwort's kegerator over and over again, but I can't wait any longer...

When I grow up I want to be just like Edwort!:)

Okay, I got the kegerator set up and could not see any reason why the three taps would not work.

I went back to Beverage Factory (20 Miles away) and upgraded to a 3 tap tower for $53. (Not including $37 each for the 3 perlick taps:)

The tower comes with 3 regular taps (No, exchange/upgrade on the taps. I know someone will want them).

I also upgraded to a 3 gauge secondary regulator. Which is probably the only problem with this set up. It does fit on top of the kegs but, kind of a pain. I may just switch to a 3 way manifold.

Here it is. The tower has the taps a little closer than you might want. But, it was is stock and I wanted it now:tank:

The three kegs do fit with attachments. I only have one keg of beer right now.

kegeratorphoto.jpg

insidekegphoto.jpg

Something I didn't think of until I got this thing set up. And it might be of interest to someone deciding if they want the 2 or 3 tap tower.

With one keg in there I had room to crash cool my primary. I am short on space and have never had room for a brew fridge. I was amazed at how clear the beer was. The yeast dropped out and was the consistancy of clay.

I guess the point being, I couldn't see the point of having a kegerator that fit 3 kegs without 3 taps.

The other complaint I read about the Haier's is they do not cool. I set it at normal and was at 42 degrees in a few hours. The complaints were all from people buying the one tap kegerator for commercial beer

I currently have the same setup but with the two tap tower. I have been looking for the single tap coupler to fit on top of the current setup and have not come across it yet. Did they swap out your dual tower for a triple or do they just add a double tap segment onto a single tower.

The other complaint I read about the Haier's is they do not cool. I set it at normal and was at 42 degrees in a few hours. The complaints were all from people buying the one tap kegerator for commercial beer

I had issues with this too. The cold plate would ice up (high humidity here in S FL) and the front part of the box would not cool very well.

I attached a hard drive cooler to it to circulate the air inside. Problem solved. Mine also came with a single tap tower that I modified to three taps.

I currently have the same setup but with the two tap tower. I have been looking for the single tap coupler to fit on top of the current setup and have not come across it yet. Did they swap out your dual tower for a triple or do they just add a double tap segment onto a single tower.

The let me swap the double, for a triple tap tower (Not, realy a big deal, cause it really comes with a one tap and they were swaping that part).

I might have prefered one where the taps were spread out, but they had it in stock.

Back