EdWort's Apfelwein... Why you gotta be so good???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fid

Reaction score
So at about 9:30 this evening I decided that drawing a pint of Apfelwein from the ole kegerator sounded like a good idea for a night cap... Long story short, 2 1/2 hours and 5 pints later I'm still sitting here combing through the forums. I've gotta be up for work in 5 hours and I can't stop drinking the stuff. Curse you and your deliciously simple concoction EdWort! I'm guessing there will be hell for me to pay tomorrow AM.

I ask you fellow HBT'rs... whys the Apfelwein gotta be so good!?!?

My best guess: Arsenic. :mug:

I think there will be much hell to pay in the AM. Drink a bunch of water and try to curb the Apfelwein asskicking alot of us have experienced

From Ed himself....

ApfelweinWarning.jpg

Both SWMBO and myself have called EdWort a MO%^F*&KER many a morning. That disclaimer pops into my head every time...

Have I learned anything from experience? Yes. I have learned that EdWort, is indeed a MO%^F*&KER.

Update:

Woke up nearly 100% hangover free with only 4 hours of sleep. I was a little groggy when I woke up but nothing a shower and a cup of coffee couldn't take care of. EdWort, my apologies for the harsh words.

Update:

Woke up nearly 100% hangover free with only 4 hours of sleep. I was a little groggy when I woke up but nothing a shower and a cup of coffee couldn't take care of. EdWort, my apologies for the harsh words.

That's an amazing feat! Apfelwein hangovers are the worst!

I'm just not drawn to the magic too much I guess. I still have the very first batch I did in May 2010 sitting in the kegorator. It came out a bit dry so I put two cans of concentrate in the keg which sweetened it up and kicked up the apple flavor, but meh, it's still not beer. The wife however loves it but she has been pregnant or nursing since 2009 so hasn't been able to have more than a sip or two of it.

Update:

Yeah, apfelwein is funny like that. Personally, I love the stuff! After a few, I'm pretty well done in but don't have much of an issue with it the next day. :mug:

Update:

I typically don't have a hangover when I wake up drunk either. Beware of 11AM.

Update:

You are young. Ask me how I know.

Back