Edwards Crossing Brewing Co.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reno_eNVy

Reaction score
So SWMBO and I have been throwing brewery names back and forth for a while with nothing that seemed to really stick.

Then, last weekend we visit the Grass Valley/Nevada City area for the Nevada County fair. During this weekend we visited the Yuba River, where SWMBO spent almost every day at during the summer as a kid. Even after my first visit, I fell in love with the Yuba, especially one location where there is the Edwards Crossing bridge.

We wanted to use this either for a bottle label or somehow turn it into the brewery logo, considering we are really pushing to open a brewery in Nevada County (hopefully within the next decade, phew.) The original was taken on a camera phone and I played with it a bit. My inspiration was a photo from 1910 I saw while walking around downtown Nevada City.

ECBC_original.jpg

ECBC_awesome.jpg

Nice. I've spent a helluva a lot of time there as well. Cross that bridge, turn left hike down about a mile and you would be at the beach where I lived for a few months while "sorting some things out". I was born and raised in Nevada City and went to the river almost every day in the summer and a fair amount in winter even. So far I have never found a better place on earth than the Yuba river.

Long live the river!

Dan

Oh, and I like the label, obviously.

Either photo looks good. I'd be intrigued if I saw it on a bottle. I like the sepia toned one better though.

Kris

Latest posts

Back