****ed up but in a good way?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Comrade Stone

Reaction score
title says it all. SWIM made some Fuel for his tractor but did not know how it was gonna turn out. He used a reflux With 1LB copper VS his last fuel run at 1/2 LB copper and the result was a lot different. SWIM was using his knowledge of moonshine to gauge the proof before but did not dare this time it had a almost Windex Smell. when Swim got to the end i said my god a gallon and 1/3rd No heads were discarded but Swim saved one of the last jars and aired it out over night it smells beautiful it just taste "hot" he said do you think SWIMS tractor fuel has a residue in it? the smell of windex ran through the entire batch I think the more copper stripped the flavor and sent right out of the Fuel Mash the stillage Smelt normal.

Any one got any thoughts? did SWIM infact distill the flavor right out and make some hospital grade floor cleaner?

50LBs Sugar
20? LBS corn?
32-35 gallons of water?
EC-1118?
No starting grav.
No Final Grav. till later today left the
No end Proof other then bubbles dont Stand in in the jar for more then 1-2 Seconds if 2 all bubbles are gone

4th run with this Reflux 1St run with the Refulx set to 1LB copper vs 1/2LB

Back