ECY on love2brew.com right now!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are back with bug county, Brett b, and Brett c

Cheers

Now I just want ecy30 to complete my collection

Didn't even realize this was still hanging around from the last offering...

They aren't, this is a new batch. Love2Brew ran out a few weeks ago and this is a new delivery from Al. Today is the first I'm seeing the availability again.

Stocked up on ECY20 BugCounty and ECY19 Brett C

They aren't, this is a new batch. Love2Brew ran out a few weeks ago and this is a new delivery from Al. Today is the first I'm seeing the availability again.

Yep, that post was back from November during the last round of offerings.

No worries. I was able to snag a few vials of ECY20 from the last Princeton Homebrew google blast but i'm always checking L2B to try and grab some other strains.

Love2Brew has a new shipment up right now: BugCounty / Brett Brux / Kolsch / Baltic Lager

SWEET! Snagged a bottle of BugCounty. Expensive at $26 with shipping BUT if it is as good as everyone says it will be worth it. Now to decide how to make it work for a 15 gallon batch (maybe 1/3 in each carboy and wait a week before pitching some 1056 yeast)?

Scooped up a bottle of ECY20 on Friday. Looking forward to using this in a new Lambic-ish recipe I've been thinking about

I've got some Bug County on the way. I'm going to make another batch of Tart of Darkness to toss it in.

So I'm getting ready to brew my first sour beer probably this summer, and was just wondering what the differences are between bugfarm and the Wyeast/WL offerings, like Roselare? Seems like people really dig the ECY stuff, what's up?

So I'm getting ready to brew my first sour beer probably this summer, and was just wondering what the differences are between bugfarm and the Wyeast/WL offerings, like Roselare? Seems like people really dig the ECY stuff, what's up?

Per their Facebook page.

"The limited release for ECY20 BugCounty is approaching (Nov/Dec). A few facts - there is no bulk yeast strain and no Acetobacter in the mix.

There will be a total of 20 organisms in the culture: Brettanomyces yeast make up the bulk of the blend (15 strains/species) including bruxellensis, lambicus, clausenii, anomala, custersianus, nanus, naardenensis. Bretts from the old ECY blends #1 and # 9 are back including not one but two stains from Drie Font. Also the brett from ECY03 was included of course.

A wild yeast isolated from gueuze was added called Pichia membranefacians. Although very little impact is expected from this oxidative yeast (no acetic acid was detected), it is likely to assist in pellicle formation.

Two Saccharomyces yeast are included. One a sherry yeast, the second a close relative of S. cerevisae called S. paradoxus. Paradoxus has been linked to wine additions for its aromatic properties, pectinase activity, and the ability to partially convert malic to lactic acid.

Finally, two lactobacilli are added with a healthy dose of slime-producing Pediococcus. Slime produced will dissapear and be consumed by Bretts adding more complexitiy.

BugCounty is intended for all kinds of wild beers - especially lambic-style ales, Oud Brune/Flemish red ales. BugCounty will infect any beer."

If you read WL or WY descriptions they don't come close to the variety of this blend. I haven't tasted a finished beer yet with ecy20 but the WT and WY are very tame sours, im guessing this will produce a complex dry tart sour with this library of funk.

Just picked up ecy20 and ecy01. I hope it survives the trip west.

Sent from my XT907 using Home Brew mobile app

Just picked up ecy20 and ecy01. I hope it survives the trip west.

Sent from my XT907 using Home Brew mobile app

Yeah, I hope for you too.

In this season it's a crap shoot. That's why I'm holding off on getting (specialty) yeast shipped until the temps en-route rise above freezing. Then there's the summer which can be just as bad. An icepack or 2 is not going to do much, except to stabilize, like a heat sink.

Just a heads up, Princeton Homebrew got a bunch in today. Be sure you are on his google group list and have a paypal account to pay Joe ASAP. They will go fast.

Back