eBiab pump question?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kojinakata

Reaction score
I am building an eBiab system, however I could not decide what kind of pump I need for recirculating when mashing. There are a lot of pumps that are named recirculation pumps but most of them are for aquariums, which deal with cold waters. So what kind of pump am I looking for?

Sorry for the beginner question, any help is appreciated.

Seems like a solid pump but 170 dollars is much more than what I spared for a pump. Any cheap alternatives to that?

I have been using the solar water pumps from eBay. I have had great luck with these. Say they are rated for 212 degrees but I only use it for mashing and circulating cold water through my chiller. Some people don't like them, but for 18 to 22 bucks with free shipping it's worth a try. Just need to find an old ac adapter for 12v and 1.5a specs to splice it and run from a standard wall outlet. I found one from an old modem but most people say goodwill is a good place to look.

http://bit.ly/1pL0Xcj

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I use a Chugger on my recirculating E-BIAB system with a valve on the outlet side to regulate the flow.

Back