Easy Jiggler LOL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pappers_

Moderator Emeritus
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
You can't make up the name, or the description that "To use, simply insert the tip of the jiggler into your fermenter and give it a few long, steady strokes." LOL Easy Jiggler - Stainless Auto Siphon Racking Cane | MoreBeer

Anyway, has anyone used these? I have a stainless autosiphon, and the expensive stainless part is great, but the 10 cent piece of plastic at the bottom of it is easily ripped with regular use. From my eye balling the photo, it looks like the inside mechanism is a metal spring and a glass ball. The physics would be that your "long, steady strokes" have to be firm enough to drive the liquid up the length of the stainless tube and into the tubing so that gravity takes over - is that right?

Would love to hear people's experiences with this.

1606778638597.png

1606778654585.png

First I have seen this device, but your take sounds right. You need hydraulic pressure to overcome the spring-loaded ball - no idea how much of course, but it can't be much if it allows a siphon to flow - but presumably using the full length of travel would maximize the "open time"...

Cheers!

Back