Easy Clean vs. One Step

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trainfever

Reaction score
Are "Easy Clean" and "One Step" the same sanitizer? They are both white powder sanitizers, both use one tablespoon per gallon of water, both have identical packaging except for the name and both are made by I.D.Carlson.

trainfever said:
Are "Easy Clean" and "One Step" the same sanitizer? They are both white powder sanitizers, both use one tablespoon per gallon of water, both have identical packaging except for the name and both are made by I.D.Carlson.

They most probably are the same. Does Easy clean contain the active ingredient Sodium Percarbonate like One Step?

if its not a one-step clone, its probably more like Straight-A or Oxyclean.

My LHBS shop said they are the same. Easy Clean is just like "store brand" version of One Step thus essentially the same thing but cheaper. I guess take it for what its worth, he seemed knowledgable.

One Step is NOT manufactured by LD Carlson. It's made by Logic, Inc. who also manufactures Straight A cleaner. Not sure, but I believe Easy Clean is LD Carlson's version of One Step.

These are not the same according to the "Composition/Information on Ingredients" section of the MSDS's.

Easy Clean: https://storefront.ldcarlson.com/st...ntentKey=ac7e3b4d-ddaa-4dfb-ac44-b5a59546039f

Sodium Percarbonate 15630-89-4
Sodium Sulfate 7757-82-6

One Step: https://storefront.ldcarlson.com/st...ntentKey=bc268c92-b87d-4576-821f-79027dab525f

Sodium Carbonate Peroxyhydrate 15630-89-4 > 40 %
Sodium Carbonate 497-19-8 > 20 %
Sodium Citrate 6132-04-3 > 10 %
Sodium Chloride 7647-14-5 > 20 %

I've been using One Step to clean carboys. I've been happy with it, however Easy Clean is tempting given the lower cost.

Back