Easiest Way to Add Taps to a Danby Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoshuaW

Reaction score
I had originally planned on swapping the tower for a three tap tower, but they are so expensive I cant bring myself to do it. Does anyone know how the coolant lines are run on the Danby? I was thinking I could buy two more single taps and just drill and add them. Would that work? Any other suggestions?

I think the standard design for most freezers/fridges is for all the lines to be in the back. That being said drilling through the door is always a safe bet.

You could definitely add two single taps. You'll need two faucets, handles, shanks and the accompanying hardware(hoses, hose clamps, shank nuts etc.). You could probably get all that for around a hundred bucks.

I was looking at the thing on Northern Brewer. By the time I added two more faucets, it was going to be like $120. I found a three tap tower on Ebay for $150, so that is what I did. I just got the kegerator last night so I dont even know what size tower it had (well, I paid for it last night, my buddy is hanging around my house for me so they can deliver it while Im at work). It is just the relatively common Danby Kegerator with a single tap. Not to bad at ABC Warehouse for $400, and I got the guy to drop it down to $370 + free delivery. Now to go to the LHBS and buy some kegs, and burn the receipts before SWMBO gets home tonight!

Back