Earthquake

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
damn... you are so effin hard core dude. Like a phkin pirate ninja.

"GIMME THAT EARTHQUAKE!!!"

No, its just funny. Plus it is going to be safer there than trying to get down the stairs with the ~300 panicking overweight women. I'll take my chances and just laugh at all of them.

I was heating up my lunch when it first happened so I missed out on watching everyone flip out. I heard it was entertaining though.

"I was heatin' up my pot pie last time but this time!!!..... "

dataz.jpg

By BWI, our second story lab floor shook a decent amount. We all left the building, and the first thing I thought about while standing in the parking lot was, "I hope my carboys are okay!"

By BWI, our second story lab floor shook a decent amount. We all left the building, and the first thing I thought about while standing in the parking lot was, "I hope my carboys are okay!"

Stand by for the "Did the earthquake oxidize my beer?" threads. :)

Just hope my carboy didn't fall. But hey 1. RDWHAHB (assuming none fell ). 2 if the airlock held, there is no o2 that got into the fermentor. After all how would it? if it is in the fermentor already, it will over the 2 or 3 weeks of fermenting it will get into the beer anyhow.

I felt it in Mooresville, NC. We're about 40 miles north of the SC line. I asked my boss if he felt the vibrations and he thought I was crazy.

In CT here - sitting at my desk a little after lunch, I though I felt a minor wave of vertigo. Turns out it was just what little of the quake we could feel up here.

Felt it here REALLY hard here in Richmond, VA. Building was shaking like a bozo clown punching bag.

I'm in Chapel Hill, 2nd story office. I thought someone was jumping up in down in the next room and I watched my monitor sway for about 20 seconds.

Nothing by your CA standards, but for us Louisiana folks....!

Great, and this weekend we get a hurricane, too. Looks like I still won't get to brew that pumpkin ale. :mad:

Great, and this weekend we get a hurricane, too. Looks like I still won't get to brew that pumpkin ale. :mad:

Yeah, I'm still going to try and brew my Porter. This I will name it "The Wrath of Irene" or something like that. Although it seems if I am going to brew a beer on the day of a hurricane it should be higher in ABV.

It's official. The Chinese have created an Earthquake Generation Device (or EGD). I just saw it on Faux News, so I know it is true!

Felt it at my office in Albany, NY. At first, I thought it was the fat girl on the other side of the wall (I'm in a cube) getting out cookies. She's noisy as hell with the wrappers :p

At least my full carboy of cream ale is okay. :)

I somehow did not feel it at all while working in the DC area. Only explanation is that I was driving at the time. SWMBO said our 14th floor apartment was shaking violently. She and my neighbor both went outside thinking our building was coming down. I got home, and we all sat outside drinking in the parking lot hoping for aftershocks. Started out with "Earthquake" malt liquor (NASTY, but the convenience store in our building had it and hey, it fits the occasion) followed by a sixer of SNPA.

I was on the 4th floor at work in northern va and sure felt it. They evacuated us outside for a while.

Good news is that all beer is safe. I had a yeast starter on the stir plate and it is safe!

So, I'm home alone working at the computer in my shop. Something weird going on. Swaying back and forth like on a ship a sea. Was going to call my wife, but decided against it. She'd just say I'd been hitting the keg. My thought was, Wow! Nice flash back. Went back to work.

I thought someone was getting it on upstairs where i work, then I realized no one was there

Sounds like the proliferation of 'fracking' could be the cause of the quakes. I encourage everyone to see the documentary Gas Land. Great film.

-cheers

Twitter was quite entertaining this morning.

East coasters reacting like Californians do when they have to drive in the rain!

:D

We just had a little quake here in SF bay area.
Shakemap

I can imagine that people that may have never felt an earthquake would immediately associate it with concussion from a bomb, or some other destructive force.

I grew up looking at Mt. St. Helens from my bedroom window... shaking, quaking and volcanic ash don't faze me a bit. I also know how to drive in the rain. :)

Back