Early Morning Brews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My son gets up a 5am maybe I should do an all night brew. Start at midnight and brew until the sun rises.:tank:

I usually work the night shift, so unless I brew on the weekends, morning is the only other option. Only problem is that having a homebrew is rule #1 while brewing, and its never just one. Not a good idea before work LOL.

I usually work the night shift, so unless I brew on the weekends, morning is the only other option. Only problem is that having a homebrew is rule #1 while brewing, and its never just one. Not a good idea before work LOL.

That's true. I usually don't have one until the boil has started. But lately, since I've been brewing in the morning, I haven't been having one until after everything is all cleaned up. Even then, sometimes I don't have any.

Ha, I guess so. I brewed a Czech dark lager today and planning to brew a Czech pilsner tomorrow morning. No beer for me this week. First time in quite some time I've done that. I feel fantastic too. It's surprisingly easy. Last time I took a week off was fall of 2010 and I recall that being rather difficult. But, I took today and yesterday off work to brew. And to make it better, my tap water is cold enough to get my wort down to 48 in about 20 minutes or so. I love it!

I used to brew early in the morning (4:30) and loved it. Wifey didn't like that brewing took up weekends and family time, etc. So it was a win-win. As I introduced whirlpools and hopstands, my brewday got longer and she couldn't understand why I wasn't done and cleaned up by 8. Now I brew at night. It is what it is...at least now she likes beer so she's not that annoyed.

I used to brew early in the morning (4:30) and loved it. Wifey didn't like that brewing took up weekends and family time, etc. So it was a win-win. As I introduced whirlpools and hopstands, my brewday got longer and she couldn't understand why I wasn't done and cleaned up by 8. Now I brew at night. It is what it is...at least now she likes beer so she's not that annoyed.

Why would she be annoyed at your hobby? You're a grown man. Does she not have any hobbies?

Why would she be annoyed at your hobby? You're a grown man. Does she not have any hobbies?

She more upset that we don't have the entire day for the family, which I enjoy as much if not more than brewing. I love hanging out with my son. Most of her hobbies are craft stuff that she does at night.

Again, I don't mind it, maybe annoyed was the wrong word.

All set for tomorrows brew. 20 Gallons of water filtered, grain weighted out and milled, all hose hooked up. Just need to wake up, dump in the water and flip the switch. Hope to get a 6 am start. Napping by noon. Doing a hefe, do I do 120 rest or just skip it.

All set for tomorrow am in Northern VT.
Bass Clone.

Grains all ready.
10 gal of water
Full propane tank

Coffee maker set on auto.

The smell of coffee, grains and propane smell and hiss in the morning is all I can think about.

Good night!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I get up every morning at 345 and on the weekends.. Getting up at 530 seems like really sleeping in. A few cups of joe and I'm starting my brew day early. Tomorrow I'm doing a barleywine. First time at this style. Can't wait.

Cheers!

Strike water already in the kettle. Up at 4:30 to turn it on. Dough in 5:30. Cleaned up and take my son to soccer practice by 10. Love morning brews.:ban:

About to start the vourlauf on a 1st attempt at a Daisy Cutter clone. Beautiful morning, coffee's tasting good and I'm loving the new brew setup in my workshop. Life is good.

Cheers.

About to start the vourlauf on a 1st attempt at a Daisy Cutter clone. Beautiful morning, coffee's tasting good and I'm loving the new brew setup in my workshop. Life is good.

Cheers.

Sounds very nice. I wish I could brew. I think next weekend I will get up early on Saturday and brew a brown porter. The weather is finally starting to warm up a bit here in Iowa. Even though I don't brew outside, I can have the windows open to air the house out. Love that.

Cheers.

Care to share your recipe? I understand that it's a first attempt at a clone, but I'm curious about this beer.

Thanks!

This thread has given me a new outlook on brewing. I'm seriously loving the early morning brew sessions and having the rest of the day to spend with the family. I started my brew session this past Saturday at 5:30 and liked it so much that I got up at 5:30 again today to brew an ESB. Here's to more early morning brewing!

I just began brewing and with a wife and two kids, 5:30 am is the way to go! Love early morning!!

Going to knock out a RIS tomorrow morning. Wife is away. Need to be mashing before my 1 year old wakes up.

I also love early morning brew days. Work has been fairly crazy lately for both SWMBO and I, so the weekend is our prime "together time". However, she also enjoys sleeping on the weekend so by the time she wakes up the boil is usually underway and we have most of the day to spend together.

Nothing like sitting outside on an early Saturday morning mashing in while enjoying a fresh cup of coffee. One of those zen moments ;)

Just Doughed in my ESBish all grain. Gotta love getting an early start. House is quiet. No distractions. Good time to brew. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1397372196.513890.jpg

Sent from somewhere to someone

I only brew on saturday mornings. My wife leaves the house to pursue her hobby for 5 hours, and I brew and do chores.

I'm brewing my None More Black beer tomorrow, it's a hoppy dark ale with a blend of cascade, chinook, and simcoe. YUM!

After taking a break from the early morning club, I'm waiting for my sparge water to warm up. I got the mash all situated at the proper temp and pH a little after 6:00. Cheers, early birds!

Had my HERMS heat up my water when I was sleeping Saturday. Doughed in at 520 and had boil done by 8am.

I got started at 9am Saturday on a Munich gold lager. Not super early but still morning. Looking forward to drinking that one.

Wrapping up my brew day, so nice being done early. Brewed a munch,Vienna pale with citra and mandarinia Bavaria hops. First time using the mandarinia hops

Just got all my water measured out and ready to go for a 6am mash-in. It's officially hot here so I'm cookin' up an American Blonde with Amarillo and Centennial. Lawnmower extraordinaire.

Cheers.

Back