E-BIAB Brewery resurrection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowgo

Reaction score
A couple years ago our brewery had the worst disaster short of a fire...sewer back up leaving behind 3 inches of wall to wall poo. It was so discouraging that we stopped brewing for the longest time only getting back into it recently using a friends brewery.

After brewing several batches of quality beer we got the bug to get our brewery back up and running. Of course we had shoveled out all the foulness after the back up, but that was all. Not any where near where it needed to be to operate a brewery in though. So, a month ago I did this:

1. Scraped anywhere and everywhere to get all the dried bits.
2. Many, many hot water hosings.
3. An over night soaking of the floor with 25 gallons of Oxyclean
4. Many, many hot water hosings.
5. A three hour soaking of the floor with 5 gallons of straight undiluted bleach. (Limited to 3 hours otherwise we'd have been driven from the house by the fumes.)
6. Many, many hot water hosings.
7. An overnight soaking with 25 gallons of StarSan.
8. Many, many hot water hosings.
9. Several gallons of new paint on the walls and floors.
10. With the exception of the keggle, everything else was tossed and replaced with new items (buckets, hoses, bottles, everything)

After all that here it is, CowBrau Brewery! It's already put out a Kolsch and a Pilsener.
bGFPNbf.jpg

that vent hood is amazing!!!! Glad to hear you got back in. I've been through a sewer backup and I know what you mean by discouraging. Even after insurance.

Back