Duotight fittings breaking

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apache_brew

Reaction score
It’s been a month or two since I cleaned my fermenting equipment since last racking (shame on me) but I quickly rinsed parts and left them alone. I used the duotight check valve keg filler apparatus to fill my kegs under pressure. Anyway, flash to yesterday when I start breaking down my equipment to clean and notice the duotight teeth snapped off when I started disassembling. The plastic itself looks kind of chalky off white like it’s dried out. Is this a thing? They’ve just been in my garage and I’ve only used them twice. Now I’m hesitant to convert my kegerator to all these fittings/tubing.

1FC5CC3D-DE8E-4C2E-8F0A-1E21CE4DEAE2.jpeg

0E5E07A4-F7EB-4073-81C0-787AC19DCB6D.jpeg

12459AA8-5D76-4490-BA78-9604D4CB9154.jpeg

Much exposure to starsan?
PBW and other percarbonate-based cleaners are even more damaging than StarSan to certain plastics, especially clear polycarbonate. I have no knowledge, though, regarding its effects upon the the type of plastic used in Duotight fittings.

I have been using Duotight for a couple years and the only issues have been my own fault --overtightening or cross-threading.

Last edited:
Back