Dubstep

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BenVanned

Reaction score
Ive always been a fan of electronic music, Trance, psytrance, goa, fidigt... as long as it doesnt have a repetative du du du du du beat base. Now there is this magical thing called dubstep.. It seems to be becoming popular with all walks of life. I think it is because it is the sounds of the distopian future we have all been expecting.

I remember back when dubstep/electronica/techno wasnt cool. haha not saying that its a bad thing that it is so popular now. Im glad that it is getting more attention!

Agreed, way back when you only liked electronic music if you were from Europe, Went to raves, or... Frequented "Alternative Lifestyle" establishments (don't want to cause any controversy) Now tons of pop songs are being remixed... which should turn people on to original works by the artists. Ive always listened to obscure music because I get tired of hearing the same crap on the radio, in movies, or on tv. Maybe dubstep will help the majority of people realize that there is good music out there and give small time artists the break some of them deserve.

I used to really hate electronic music. I mean with a passion. But then I saw a few bands and DJs live that mixed some really cool stuff. Now I'm addicted to dubstep. I still can't stand pop electronica/house stuff (like BenVanned was saying the, repetitive du du du du du base), but there is some really cool electronic stuff out there.

I'm stoked that Bassnectar is playing in my area sometime in November. There is really no experience on earth like a Bassnectar show. Check this out, if you haven't heard of him;

Last edited by a moderator:
mc eric, have you ever heard shpongle, younger brother, hallucinogen, 1200 micro-grams, or any other works by simon posford? Also check out Zeds Dead, Borgore, and UKF Dubstep for more dubstep.

I wasn't a dubstep fan for a long time. I've come around to it. I like some of it but I have a hard time listening to the same three synth sounds do the same LFO effect for an hour. So I'm glad the sound is moving back away from the brostep sound.

I like hearing one dubstep track in between other techno, but so much of it sounds the same to me that I can't listen to much all in one sitting.

mc eric, have you ever heard shpongle, younger brother, hallucinogen, 1200 micro-grams, or any other works by simon posford? Also check out Zeds Dead, Borgore, and UKF Dubstep for more dubstep.

Oh yeah, man! I saw Simon and the Shpongletron at Electric Forest festival in July, it was crazy! I haven't heard much of his older stuff, but shpongle is one of the acts that got me into electronic music in the first place.

I've heard of Zeds Dead, but I'm not really familiar with them, or the other artists you're talking about. I'll definitely check them out, though.

Klaypex has some pretty cool stuff on youtube too. They do a remix of that God-awful E.T. song by Katy Perry that's freakin GREAT.

Thanks for sharing that skrillex tune. I still think there's some problems transitioning between the dub beats and the less dubby portions, but all in all, I really like it.

I also second the ukf dubstep, search that on youtube and they have a ****load of great dub

Holy crap. This tops anything I could possibly come up with... and I have a bit of a library.

Yea man he's quite a talented dude, check out his youtube channel, he puts most of his stuff up for free, search cinema by benny benassi, the skrillex remix, very nice stuff. Dubstep is the ****

i_love_this_thread_113.jpg

The cool thing for me about dubstep is that it draws in people from such diverse musical backgrounds. I think I know more metalheads and indie kids that listen to it than traditional electronica/techno fans.

Any Skrillex fans should check this out. Adding live instrumentation is a nice touch.

At first you think its special effects/messed with speed wise.....

And then you notice the cars going by at normal speeds in the reflection on the doorway!

Back