Dryhopping a Blonde

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timschram

Reaction score
Good morning Homebrewers. My brother and I recently did what we call a blonde with Kolsch yeast and saaz hops. We don't call it a kolsch because we didn't lager it.

Anyway, not really the point. We are going to be kegging a five gallon batch in the next few weeks for a summer party. We want to dry hop it with something that complements it nicely and will not destroy palates. Any suggestions?

I have dry hopped some mild/lighter beers with one ounce each of Liberty and Perle, for a 5 gallon batch. I like the mild and fresh character they bring. I think they would go great in a blonde. You get a bit of that noble hop aroma, but with a little freshness, if that makes sense. I also always enjoy the combination of equal amounts of Cascade and Willamette in many different beer styles.

I'll try liberty. Thanks for the recommendations, guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

i would use a VERY light hand dry-hopping a blonde. like 0.5 oz or less. it is supposed to be a malt-oriented style.

Back