dry yeast goof

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nelgbot

Reaction score
So this was my 4th batch .I brewed a sweet stout kit but this is my first time using a dry yeast. So I did each step accordingly until it came time to pitch the yeast. I ended up pitching without hydrating it. Will this be a problem? It's been about four days the aerator is bubbling and theirs a decent head maybe an inch inch and a half is their anyway of saving this batch or is it a kick back wait and see kind of deal? Any suggestions and input would be appreciated! Cheers!

You don't necessarily have to pitch as hydrated. RDWHAHB my friend. Everything oughta turn out fine! :mug:

Your beer will be fine. The yeast is doing exactly what it should be doing, based on your description. Re-hydrating the yeast makes activation a little easier on the yeast, but it is possible for them to do their thing without re-hydrating.

Yep, all sounds well. I pitch fermentis yeast without rehydrating a lot. It works just fine one packet per 5 gallon batch.

Yeah,pitching dry is fine. But re-hydrating cuts lag time & makes initial fermentation more vigorous. A blow off is wise when doing it that way for the first few days.

Right on thanx guys I knew it looked alright I also added some gerrideli chocolate in with the stout can't wait thanx again!

So what's the "blow off" all about not familiar with that term

Blow off is when so much foam (Krausen) us forced upward that it comes out of the blow off tube our blows the air lock off

Latest posts

Back