Dry tea hop

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seanwallner

Reaction score
So I brewed a smoked brown ale for a competition as a experiment and it turned out great. My plan was to rebrew it adding some degree of woodsyness or complexity using spruce or ? It turns put I'm out of time and I'll have to use the finished one I have. I need to impart some aroma and possibly a little flavor in the keg. Anyone done this? I was thinking possibly tea. I have about three weeks to let it hop. Or any ideas what would pair well with smoked malt flavor. Thanks

I tried this once by doing the french press method. Used two ounces. I was not happy with the results. Feel I get better hop aroma and flavor by regular old dry hopping.

I was thinking a tea bag or whole leaf tea. I really wanted it to stand on its own and not just have a typical dry hop aroma. Unless there is a hop variety that might lend itself to this. Maybe juniper berries? I dont know Im open to any sugestions. Thanks

Back