Dry hopping varieties

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carrollyn

Reaction score
I have set up a little hop garden and have room for four plants. I'm primarily interested in dry hopping with them, and want each variety to justify its space. I have two cascade plants and one fuggles already planted (given to me). I have a very vigorous and healthy nugget variety in a pot, but I don't want to put it in if its only use is for bittering. Does anyone use nugget for flavor and aroma? What is it like? If not, what would be your suggestions for the remaining spot in my garden? (The big advantage to nugget is I already have it, of course)

I just used nugget for a flavor addition on a brown ale. I'll let you know how it turns out but I'm pretty sure it's a dual purpose hop.

Nugget is a great kettle hop- it's dank and wonderful. Use it all the time when I want that character in an IPA. I wouldn't use homegrown hops for bittering anyway- you don't know their AA%.

Back