Dry Hopping technic

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madz1980

Reaction score
Hi,

I grow my own hop in my garden (Centennial, Mt-Hood, Cascade and Fuggle)

So at the end of summer I have 1000X the hop needed for a few 23L batches.

I tried to add Cascade (which is giving me Epic yield each year) to the primary fermentation (at the beggining)

People says that it will be almost all lost by CO2 if added at the beggining in primary. I entend to add Centennial to second fermentation (since I think the cascade might leave few aromas btw)

I used an InstaBrew Dry base (since I'm pretty new to beer making) (My 3rd batch) (next one will be from raw ingredients)

Any of you think it might give me nice hoppy flavor that way?

Any of you had ever tried something similar?

Thanks,

MA

It's possible you might get some aroma leftover from adding hops at the beginning of fermentation but as you've heard, most of the aroma will be lost during fermentation.

Is there any reason you don't want to add all your hops after most of the fermentation is finished? I would personally add everything once the yeast are done.

I like that you spelled "technique" like the audio equipment brand.

Other than that, yeah, you're wasting hops, and probably beer. Both of which should be punishable by law.

Back