Dry Hopping in Fermentor?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wyowolf

Reaction score
I brewed a Russian River 2 Hill Row 56 clone. 10 gallons into the blichman conical. I brewed this in Dec but only 5 gal so I just dry hopped into the keg itself...

what about dry hopping into the fermentor after its done fermenting? I started at 1.066 down to 1.010 now after 12 days... I will drain the trub etc from the bottom. I have a SS can with mesh I use for the kegs that I will use for the fermentor? or should i just stick with dry hopping each keg individually?

my process before was... rack to keg, cold crash, add gel, then dry hop... not possible to CC the fermentor, i havent got it into the fridge yet...

just looking for a better way to do things...

Look up the NE IPA thread. A lot of people dry hop on day 2. I actually been dry hopping when I pitch my yeast, then a second dose on day 5, when there is still some fermentation going on.

I usually do my dry hopping either on the first or second day of fermentation. I have good success with both.

I would say most people dry hop in the fermenter. If you bottle where else would you do it?

With your old method of dry hopping in the keg, do you then keep the kegs cold? If so, you're not getting the oils out of the hops as you would at room temps. I've always dry hopped in the fermenter, but have recently gone to dh in the keg with a ss mesh screan, and prefer that method. But after I keg I let it sit for a week at room temps, then chill.

Back