dry hoppin with whole hops and liquid loss.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kapbrew13

Reaction score
Hi all. Tried searching on this topic and didn't find my answer.
My last orange cascade ale, I dry hopped with about 1 oz of cascade leaf hops and noticed how much liquid I lost to the hop leaves. Is it better to just use pellets for this reason? Thanks in advance.

So, do I make bigger batches to account for the loss in yummy beer. Losing beer. Sad : (

You can if you want. Or you can accept 4.85 gallons of yummy beer.

I don't usually plan for hopping losses, except during brewing. After brewing, any beer absorbed by the dryhopping really is minimal, even when I add 2-3 ounces of dryhops. It's probably not nearly as much as you think!

Thanks for the replies. Maybe I just suck on the beer soaked hops like dip. Lol. Maybe a new bad habit. Is there a market for this? ; )

Warning for this would go like this; Do not operate heavy machinery. May cause impaired vision and slow motor functions. Chance of nausea, vomiting, and other health issues. Consult a physician if symptoms last more than 7 days.

Back