Dry hop? How long?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohiodad

Reaction score
I'm dry hopping for the first time and I was wondering what the general feeling was of how long to do it before bottling? I brewed using an AHS Two Hearted clone kit and it called for 1/2 oz of centennials dry hopped. I put the pellets in the secondary and racked over the top of them. They've been in there a little over a week and appear to have fallen down but still a little green up in the head. Any thoughts on how long to keep it in the secondary before bottling? AHS instructions said 7 to 10 days.

ohiodad said:
I'm dry hopping for the first time and I was wondering what the general feeling was of how long to do it before bottling? I brewed using an AHS Two Hearted clone kit and it called for 1/2 oz of centennials dry hopped. I put the pellets in the secondary and racked over the top of them. They've been in there a little over a week and appear to have fallen down but still a little green up in the head. Any thoughts on how long to keep it in the secondary before bottling? AHS instructions said 7 to 10 days.

7-10 days sounds fine. Some people don't like to go over 10 days because some hops can start to give grassy off flavors. Others have reported going more with no bad results. I don't think you are going to gain any more aroma past 10 days, IMO.

Beerrific said:
7-10 days sounds fine. Some people don't like to go over 10 days because some hops can start to give grassy off flavors. Others have reported going more with no bad results. I don't think you are going to gain any more aroma past 10 days, IMO.

Cool!! Thanks for the advice!!

Latest posts

Back