dry hop aroma

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeyrod

Reaction score
Hey guys I made a black ipa hopped as follows

1oz cenn @ 60 pellet
1oz cascade @45 pellet
1oz simco @ 20 leaf
1oz citra @ 20 pellet
1oz simco @10 leaf
1 oz cascade @10 pellet

I want to add a hardcore piney stinking ass hop aroma to dry hop with..! Plus I. Going to hop back when I transfer I to my bottling bucket. I am planing on using citra leaf hops..is their another (im sure their is) hop that is recommended?? Lime I said think big on the hops. Thanks for everyones input its greatly appropriated...

Citra isnt going to get you pine. I like Simcoe, and chinook for piney, plus Columbus for a bit of dank

Sent from my iPod touch using HB Talk

Ive found some hops dont really hold up to their described character always.Differnent regions grown/differnet years seem to vary the character alot.

I dry-hop my IPA with Amarillo (2 oz/5 g). Super grapefruity in both smell and taste. It mellows out perfectly around 2 weeks after hop removal.

Malticulous said:
"Tangerine, Citrus, floral, pine and Grapefruit character" is the description of the new blend Zythos on Rebelbrewer.com

Never seen these hops. Are they excussive to just rebel brewer? I just made an ipa a couple weeks ago with all simco turned out nice im just looking for another wow holy **** hop... this is a black ipa recipe we are talking out just fyi

I ordered 7 oz from rebel brewing to give it a try. Im going to take your advice and atleast give it a try

Got my zythos a couple days ago and wow these stink looking forward to the dry hop!!! Thanks for the idea

Latest posts

Back