Dry Hop and Bottling Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

violinguy

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going to be bottling my 3rd BIAB brew later this week. I'm a little new to dry hopping - I've done it one other time (extract brew) and had tons of hop residue in each bottle.

I bottle straight from primary (has spigot), and I use domino dots for sugar. Is there a good way to prevent so much sediment in my bottles aside from straining the beer as I fill the them? I use a wand (awesome btw) so I'd rather not have to strain the beer.

On a side note, I'll be looking into a hop ball or other accessory going forward.

I'd suggest changing your process for your dry hopped beers. What I do is after the dry hop, I rack out of primary into another fermenter and then cold crash that fermenter for a few days until the beer clears. Then I rack to a bottling bucket and bottle from there. You could clean your primary with a spigot and rack back to and bottle from that.

Latest posts

Back