dry hopping in a pet bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluketamer

Reaction score
i have been kegging in these in 2.5 and 3.5 liter sizes :
1696537960103.png

and its working really well.

i want to try dry hopping in them ( ala randall) and found this mini ss tea strainer online which will fit in the opening of the bottle:

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...172aaf&afSmartRedirect=y&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa
how would i go about measuring the amount of hop pellets to put in there to dry hop is it just trial and error or should i just scale down from the amount i would normally dry hop with in a full size keg?

Thanks in advance

the smaller 2.5 liter barrel bottle in the pic is empty but my plan was to place the mini tea strainer with hop pellets in the bottle purge it with co2 then rack from the fv right into the bottle with the strainer already in it. the 3.5 liter barrel bottle in the pic is primed with dextrose so yes its already carbed. i suppose i could just chill it, open it and slowly lower in the strainer then attach the carbonator tee piece to it for tapping.

i think im going to try about .25 ounces in 3.5 liters of beer

thanks for the reply !

yeah i figured thats why i was thinking ill chill it way down and try to slowly introduce the hops. thanks

Latest posts

Back