Drum Roll, Bracc got a new camera!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic - In Remembrance 2023
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
1630444477844.png

LOL, yeah i cleaned my drip tray after taking that ;)

it's another $30 dollar bargain, but this one was probably $500 10 years ago! (got it used :mug:)

The cheapest camera I have is the GoPro Hero 9 black (bought new, not used). Otherwise I use either my phone, or pull out my digital SLR when I need to get serious. I have many times what you just spent invested in my digital SLR and related gear.

Canon 1DS Mark III body with all L class lenses (f2.8 is the slowest), also with image stabilization. Even the 100mm macro lens I have came with IS. Body cost me over $6k by itself. IIRC, the cheapest lens was about $1200.

Looks like I might need to get some new batteries for it. Depending on how the older ones charge up (both depleted). At least they're lithium ion batteries. :D

Canon 1DS Mark III body with all L class lenses (f2.8 is the slowest), also with image stabilization. Even the 100mm macro lens I have came with IS. Body cost me over $6k by itself. IIRC, the cheapest lens was about $1200.

Looks like I might need to get some new batteries for it. Depending on how the older ones charge up (both depleted). At least they're lithium ion batteries. :D

yeah well, you wonderful human being s can be happy now i scored a decent camera. and i won't have to listen to wise cracks anymore!

$6k for a pic on a drunk forum would be overkill!

yeah well, you wonderful human being s can be happy now i scored a decent camera. and i won't have to listen to wise cracks anymore!

$6k for a pic on a drunk forum would be overkill!
It was used for so much more. I keep thinking about getting the latest version, since that also does video (at least 4k) but I've been dumping too much $$ into my brewing gear this year to do that.

As for the cracks, it seems like you don't really know us. ;)

As for the cracks, it seems like you don't really know us.

the only thing i'm pretty sure of, this is a place i can hang out with other people that make beer! :mug: (and as soon as i have a properly carbed keg to pour a glass i plan on snapping a shot for the post a picture of your pint thread! :D looking forward to it, not just because i'm drinking flat beer right now either! lol)

Suuure you're not drinking flat beer. ;)

LOL, what, picture or it didn't happen? :mug:

edit: you know what, i take that as a challenge! i'm yanking my flat keg out and burst carbing it with 1.3ozs of co2, yes by weight, and putting it back in the fridge, and pouring a glass just for a picture!

i was thinking my last shots of my grain mill were bad too, which is why i assume someone asked me "if it works, why get a new one?"...lol here is some good pics!

1630448933842.png

1630449003704.png

1630449092675.png

and if you're wondering about the nails and screws and stuff, it's so my 5 gallon bucket that i took a 3" holes to to make a 20lb hopper out of doesn't fall off while milling.....

edit, and yes i had to drill a couple holes in a hax saw blade to get the adjustable roller to not go crooked on me!

OK, now your just showing off your bad a$$ photography skills! :bigmug:

i assume you mean that litteraly? lol :mug: i did burst carb my keg with 1 or so ozs of co2....need to wash my glass so i can take a shot! (because it's empty!)

(sorry if i'm beating this to death, but for a $30 new to me toy....milk it baby! ;))

I'm not sure that even a $6k camera has an image processor capable of compensating for your composition there, but looking forward to more photos.
I was going to comment about the image quality, but figured someone else would get around to it. At him spending only $30 for the used camera, I wouldn't expect all that much. Pretty my cell phone does a better job. Actually, I know it does. ;)

It looks like a root beer float! A well focused root beer float, not the blurry watered down stuff!

BTW, your mill is better than mine, mines still sitting in countless shopping carts around the internet :(

It looks like a root beer float! A well focused root beer float, not the blurry watered down stuff!

BTW, your mill is better than mine, mines still sitting in countless shopping carts around the internet :(
For how long has it been in limbo?? At what point do you just do it? Or switch and buy one ready to use (with minimal assembly)?

Back