Dropped regulator leaking

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fermint

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Annoyingly my 2 body regulator fell into a wall a month ago. Right after the high pressure gauge failed (it took the brunt of the fall). I replaced that but now it's leaking out of the nipple between the regulator bodies (on one side). I've tried taking it apart and replacing the teflon tape but can't get it to stop leaking. Taprite is sending a replacement nipple but I'm wondering if one of the bodies has damaged threads from the fall. Has anyone had a regulator body fail in this way?

Better question is who hasn't damaged a regulator this way, because of the off balanced weight its the most common way to damage them. I had mine for all of 24 hours, set it down and it fell right over and on the title floor. You guessed it...busted.

Step One: Be sure the gas cylinder is secured to prevent its falling over. Do not rely on the hose to keep it upright. If the cylinder falls the fittings could give way and the unregulated gas will escape.

http://www.draft-beer-made-easy.com/co2regulator.html

Back