Drom John logo/labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My experiment slot, inspired by Dogfish Head Theobroma. Cameca engages The Doctor by sharing theobroma in The Aztecs.

Drom John Theobroma.png

Initially this was the slot for the cheapest bitter kit by a vendor that I have used that I hadn't brewed yet. Penciled in was a Northern Brewer kit. I got mad at Northern Brewer when their new shipping policy made me miss my first brew day. So I erased the NB kits, and started listing other vendors' kits. And I thought, hmm, KingBrianI's Common Room ESB seems worthy. So I penciled in Common Room ESB. Then Northern Brewer began to add shipping dates to the $7.99 rate. No longer mad, but what else don't I like about NB? One pound grain bags! I've accumulated many partial Maillard bags. So I penciled in Leftover ESB. Then Homebrew Supply announced their recipe giveaway. I started an entry for Lord of the ESB. That doesn't use leftovers. I didn't post. But, if I don't post, then @CreamyGoodness might win. So I restarted an entry, but thought, using leftovers is more important than blocking CreamyGoodness. So I brewed a Leftover ESB.

Drom John Leftover ESB.png

My Non Bitter/IPA slot, an inspired attempt to clone a beer that I drank three years ago and haven't seen since.

Drom John la Divine St Landelin.png

SWMBO choice, Hibiscus Mango Blonde, found on Pinterest, clicked through to discover a Joe Strange recipe from Zymurgy. The picture is from the AHA website with the warning: "Note: the actual color of the beer will have more of pink hue from the hibiscus, as opposed to the golden color in the image."

Drom John Hibiscus Mango Blonde.png

Every sixteenth brew is an IPA clone. This one is my usual LME conversion, slight change to the Victory American hop usage, and dry yeast because it's too hot to ship liquid yeast variation of a Beer Captured recipe by Tess and Mark Szamatulski.

Drom John Victory HopDevil.png

SWMBO choice, another Beer Captured recipe by Tess and Mark Szamatulski, converted to LME something. Secondary will be my first time using bugs.

Drom John Stille Nacht.png

My experiment slot, starting with another brewer's blog, adjusted by Allagash comments on that blog, then modified by adjusting to Allagash website, then the usual conversion to partial something.

Drom John Allagash Odyssey.png

Another variant of Redhook ESB. For this one I replaced the pale ale with Maris Otter. For a couple of years I imagined pairing Roger Maris with an otter with a large branch, but when I found the Mel Ott stamp, I changed the pairing.

Drom John Maris Ott Extra Special Batters.png

Would be interested to learn how your Innis and Gunn clone turned out and how close to the original it was. Learned today that they use Super Styrians in most of their beers almost exclusively.

My choice. Thank you Richie Saunders at Shmaltz for the recipe.
Drom John Shmatlz Sweet 16.png

Attachments

• Drom John Shmatlz Sweet 16.png
    Drom John Shmatlz Sweet 16.png
    109.8 KB · Views: 76
SWMBO's choice after a vertical tasting of five Fuller's Vintage Ales. A couple of ok; a couple of pretty good, and one worthy to attempt to brew.
Drom John Fuller's Vintage Ale 2009.png

Back