Drip tray with glass washer - makes me hap-hap-happppy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The problem is "turning the corner" on plumbing to the rinser and from the drain. This image of a small rinser shows the typical plumbing fit-up found on most trays, and illustrates the challenge. If a counter top is thick enough or if there's actually some dead space between fridge and counter top or a combination of both one might be able to trench the underside to fit elbows and run appropriate water and drain tubes past the outline of the fridge. The length of the threaded drain receiver is roughly 3/4", while the rinser stem is closer to a couple of inches and is likely the governing dimension in the end...

View attachment 776354

Cheers!
Hey there
Thank you for this info
That makes sense and is what i feared
As there wont be enough clearnce to the bottom of counter; and the counter is only 2cm plus finicky marble so it would not be able to trench …
I suppose the question then is what type of setup allows for this type of drip tray? They are meant to sit into the counter meaning the keg setup would be below it (i think) - but any kegerators ive seen seem to be counter height or higher. Would the beertap and tray have to sit over to the side of the kegerator unit or are there certain units that acoomodate these type of sunken plumbed trays 🤔

I would fathom most common application of rinser-trays are found in situations where the beer is located elsewhere (eg: cold room) allowing plenty of under-counter access. Second order usage might be on commercial kegerator units, perhaps followed by domestic applications: as noted early in this thread I have a surface mounted drip tray with integrated rinser mounted on my keezer's custom fab'd lid. I had the requisite space under the lid to route the plumbing.

Bottom line - and this applies not just to drip trays but tap towers as well - if you have an under counter fridge that is a tight vertical fit, lots of stuff gets hard to do...

Cheers!

Hey there
Thank you for this info
That makes sense and is what i feared
As there wont be enough clearnce to the bottom of counter; and the counter is only 2cm plus finicky marble so it would not be able to trench …
I suppose the question then is what type of setup allows for this type of drip tray? They are meant to sit into the counter meaning the keg setup would be below it (i think) - but any kegerators ive seen seem to be counter height or higher. Would the beertap and tray have to sit over to the side of the kegerator unit or are there certain units that acoomodate these type of sunken plumbed trays 🤔

You need to build the counter to accommodate the rinser. There's no other way that I could find. If you already have a counter you're trying to integrate it into, It's a problem. I knew my dimensions and built a frame to support the new granite. Granite guys milled the slot for the tray, and the hole for the tap, in my driveway. Was actually pretty easy.

One thing I considered a LOT was to move the tap away from the kegerator. But ultimately, that caused more problems and uncertainties than doing it the way I did. Which is shown below.

BTW, my intention was to have this tap coated with frost. Sadly, my glycol chiller (behind my house) is only 1/6 HP and can only get it down to mid 40's. It's great for beer drinking, but for aesthetic purposes I'm disappointed and back in the market for better.

1659225833477.png

1659225851739.png

We have a glass washer. It's called a sink and faucet!;) In the bar. Also we have a dishwasher installed in the bar to handle washing a bunch of glasses after a large gathering.

The only place I have seen a glass rinse setup is in Europe. In the Heineken Brewery (Amsterdam), for example.

Love that Cobra tower!

Back