Drilling a mini fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iceman6409

Reaction score
Hello boys and girls. My mini fridge kegerator died on me over the weekend. So I am on the hunt for a new to me used mini fridge. But my question is how do I know if the freon lines are on the top of the fridge and if they are how would I find where to drill the beer line hole?

I searched by model number and found where others have used the same model. You can also try vodka/rubbing alcohol and corn starch paste - the heat from the coils will cause the alcohol to evaporate first, leaving the outline in the paste.

Or just drill carefully. Once you are through the outer shell, the interior is soft foam you can dig out gently with a screw driver or pen, so even if you do find a line, you can adjust around it.

I don't see why not as long as the dimensions are right to fit your kegs...

There are not any freon lines in the door. it is easier to modify the door also.
:mug:

If you look at the picture of this mini fridge you can see the coils in the back. this one has a freezer and you can see that the coils are no longer in the back, which makes sense since there is a freezer and a fridge part. My advice, if you can visibly trace where the coils are coming into and out of the fridge to the compressor you're probably fine the Danby DAR044A5BSLDD is what I used to build my kegerator. Many other companies make the same model with different names. Finding anything big enough without a freezer section is the easiest thing to do.

Latest posts

Back