Drill Driven Impeller Pump

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woosterhoot

Reaction score
I want to start whirlpooling my wort in addition to immersion chilling. I was surfing around mcmaster carr for pumps and found a drill driven pump for 10 bucks with garden hose inlets and outlets. Any one use one of these? It's max flow is 6 gpm and max temp is 120, but I might try to push it and see if it will work at 140. I would like to see how the whirlpool setup works before investing in a nicer pump.

I posted talking about one of those before... the only concerns anyone had was whether it was food grade AND whether it could handle the heat. The general concensus was no...

However, rest assured if all else fails.... if your bath tub backs up, you can now pump that water out the window to the back yard...

Do you know if it's food grade? I opened mine up and it was all greasy inside... not something I want in my wort.

kvh

From what I've read, you will not be sorry whirlpool pumping (read pitching temp in < 5 minutes). I doubt this pump, if it satisfies sanitary concerns, will blow you away like that.

Back